Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I don't want to hear it...

Ok..Packers held a team to 3 that scored 17 on the lions.....what's your point?

Lions beat packers 19-7 and won 11. What is your point. My point is the lions are a good team and the haters got exposed as the morons. So now you have to search for every little negative in a big road win and pretend like it will definitely cost us down the line when it probably won't. Every game is new

I just don't understand why it's so blasphemous to want the starting QB to play better?

That's exactly the point. Rock, paper, scissors football.

This isn't a schoolyard fight in the 3rd grade where the kid who beats up the bully is now the toughest kid on the playground.

Matchups, schema, familiarity with the opponent... it's all relevant and it doesn't matter who did what to whom.

We beat the Bears today. We are perfect against the NFC North so far this year, with one to go. That's what matters.

But duuuuuuuuude, i wanna win by 40 every game. Winning just isn't enough anymore!!

I just don't understand why it's so blasphemous to want the starting QB to play better?

Nothing blasphemous about it Dubs.

But the arguments have very little validity. You can argue Stafford's stats all you want, but the guys saying "Oh, he didn't play well against this team" or "He didn't score enough against so and so, but this team did"... worst arguments in football ever.

The Bills beat the Lions, Packers, Vikings, and Bears this season.. and they aren't in the playoffs at all. It doesn't matter who beat who in games the Lions didn't play in. It's irrelevant.

The Lions are 11-4, that's relevant.

I'm not in that camp, that's all circular logic.

But Stafford needs to elevate his play for this team to achieve the pinnacle. You can't give away points and make as many bone-headed plays as he does and beat the best teams.

Right, but lest we forget this is regular season. No one is going to remember the team going 11-5 if they get bounced early.

I'm not in agreement with this line of thinking, and feel it's a copout. "Winning is all that matters" only applies in the championship game to me. Up until that point....every game is a chance to get better and build toward that ultimate goal. The Lions did not get better today, they played a pretty awful game. Yes they won and I'm happy about that, but I don't see how a performance like this can give anyone more confidence about their chances in the playoffs. Maybe it's just a bad game, and they'll come out on fire next week? Who can say? I sure hope they do!

It's like being satisfied just because you passed a class with a C and didn't fail. What's wrong with aiming to improve yourself and trying to get an A? I thought that's how successful people become successful? By striving to become better?

Having said all that, I'm not trying to add to a homers. vs haters war here. I don't understand why it's even coming to that. It's just my opinion, and how I view things in life. It may not be right for everybody, but it's right for me.

But duuuuuuuuude, i wanna win by 40 every game. Winning just isn't enough anymore!!

I wouldn't mind a win by 40 ... sometime?

But seriously, I'd rather be the worst team in the playoffs than the best team at home watching the playoffs.

There is always room for improvement. The 2007 Pats could have been better in some games, and they were 16-0.

As fans I understand wanting better from our players. They should want it for themselves. We've never played in a SuperBowl, so to have real hope of at least being close to that means something. We haven't dominated the way a championship team should, so we probably aren't there yet.

But we will be playing meaningful football in January, and I'll take that any day. We've been to the playoffs twice in the last four years. I'll take that over the last 10+.

Even if we're gone after the first round, we get to watch a playoff game where our team is playing. I can think of many worse ways to spend an afternoon.

Little touchy, you fn retard? You're the one who called me a douche first. Go fuck yourself...

And hey! Not my plan, dude. Week 16 and this is what they are. Live with it, you fn homo.

Lol, imagine that, Tony the gay douchey fucking Canadian calling people homos. Are all Canadians faggots? Just wondering..

Lol, imagine that, Tony the gay douchey fucking Canadian calling people homos. Are all Canadians faggots? Just wondering..

YES, they are.. but it's 2014.. so there's nothing wrong with that. Quit being a homophobe.

See that Tony, I stood up for you? hehe

Are you calling me gay because you're gay?

Good putdown though? Are all Canadians gay? Fn brilliant, bud lol. My 14 yr old could come up with something better. lol

Enough of the Personal insults! if you want to argue, go for it. Leave threats and insults for christmas dinner. I'll be passing around temp bans for anyone who'd like a week on espn boards.

Enough of the Personal insults! if you want to argue, go for it. Leave threats and insults for christmas dinner. I'll be passing around temp bans for anyone who'd like a week on espn boards.

There are no more ESPN boards Monster.. so there. :p

"You don't want to hear it." Boy are you in the wrong place, lol.

Clue the fuck in....they're obviously not built like that. You obviously don't know this so......ya.

I'm pretty sure Mayhew and the 5 first round draft picks he has on offense would disagree.

I'm pretty sure Mayhew and the 5 first round draft picks he has on offense would disagree.

Right? We've got 2 receivers alone that are good for 100 a piece but this offense isn't built for a 300 yard passer? That's exactly what we're built for. Exactly

Anyways we're all glad we won and we do go as our defense goes but Matt did shit the bed, again. I don't see the problem talking about that.

Matt even admitted he made mistakes.... I Like to see that.. No hurt in talking about his play objectively... Not sure why it bothers some...

Back