Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Golf Club (PS4)

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Get it. It will change your life. Honest, it's brilliant golf sim. If Tiger Woods golf was your thing and you thought it was the best ever, then you might not like it. Nothing like TW.

Anyway, anyone else got it?

Downloaded it last night. Really, really good. I played a ton of PGA Championship 99 and 2000 on PC. It was an old Sierra game with a really good course architect. I'm looking forward to giving that a shot, I used to design courses as a hobby for the old games.

Like you said, this game isn't going to appeal to the younger generation, but forget them. I'm old and this game is great.

Same here. It's what I've been looking for in golf game. Some great courses out there people design, I've designed a couple but I don't have the talent they have. When you design one post here and I'll try it out.

Jared, Did you finish Guid Donner yet? Looking forward to it.

Jared, Did you finish Guid Donner yet? Looking forward to it.

I've been dragging my feet, Mitch. It's close, but I am unfortunately a tinkerer. I could tweak that course for 5 more years and it still wouldn't be "done".

I need to just publish it already. It's OK, but I'm not as happy as I thought I would be.

I've been dragging my feet, Mitch. It's close, but I am unfortunately a tinkerer. I could tweak that course for 5 more years and it still wouldn't be "done".

I need to just publish it already. It's OK, but I'm not as happy as I thought I would be.

It's tough. I can get the holes and greens down okay. But the rest of the course I struggle with.

In any event no course is perfect, imo. I wouldn't worry too much about it..you can save it to the PS4 system so you have the opportunity to work on it later..if need be.

It's up. Let me know what you think.

Shot a pedestrian 73, thanks to a back 39. Hit some stupid shots. As far as the course, the mountains are nice. Something I can't seem to do well. The course played well, fair would be a better word. Thankfully I had low wind..though I thought I should have had a 68-69.

I would have added a bit ambiance, like some more trees and bushes etc. But in the end, it's a fine course. Can't wait until your next.

Thanks Mitch. Detail planting is definitely a weakness. I learned a lot about the designer. Going to take a little break and give it another go.

Hey Mitch, I uploaded a nearly completed version of a new course. It's pretty hard, HSLv1. I plan on releasing a different version, shorter with less firmness and green speed. Let me know. Have you got any out there? Would love to play them.

I haven't published one in some time so not that good. I just had some eye surgery 2 days ago so I haven't had a chance to get on , just hoping I can see by q-school time..But I like the Boreal theme and hope to get one published in a few weeks.

Back