Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jodie Meeks out two months

dubbsco

Old news, but still sucks. DJ Augstin had a ridiculous first half against the Magic so far.

Huge fan of DJ. Massively underrated for Chicago, he was one of the biggest reasons for their end of season surge.

DJ is the reason Bynum was so expendable. While I don't see him as being all that good, he's a fine stopgap and could legitimately push Jennings for starter duties (though that's more an indictment of Jennings than confidence in DJ).

Meeks being out may actually be a blessing. KCP had been outplaying him and really showing a lot of progress this summer. With Meeks being SVG's guy (went after him hard in FA), there was a good chance that SVG would have started Meeks as long as he didn't implode. The Meeks injury basically gives the starting spot to KCP, which in the long run will help his development and improve the team as a whole.

DJ is the reason Bynum was so expendable. While I don't see him as being all that good, he's a fine stopgap and could legitimately push Jennings for starter duties (though that's more an indictment of Jennings than confidence in DJ).

Meeks being out may actually be a blessing. KCP had been outplaying him and really showing a lot of progress this summer. With Meeks being SVG's guy (went after him hard in FA), there was a good chance that SVG would have started Meeks as long as he didn't implode. The Meeks injury basically gives the starting spot to KCP, which in the long run will help his development and improve the team as a whole.

very good point here, I haven't watched a lot of preseason but I've been checking box scores and I'm very happy about KCP. that gives me a little hope for this year

Back