Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford broke the career passing td record last game

I believe he only tied it. Hopefully breaks it in London.

Fun fact Manning only has 7 passing TDs less or the broncos as Stafford does for the Lions.

Last edited:
I believe he only tied it. Hopefully breaks it in London.

Fun fact Manning only has 7 passing TDs less or the broncos as Stafford does for the Lions.

Stafford has more TDS than Manning did at this point in their careers.

Stafford has more TDS than Manning did at this point in their careers.

Ok. It was a reference to how poor our franchise has been.

But what you said is not true.

Through 68 games:
PM: 119
MS: 118

Through game 7 of 6th season:
PM:153

Through age 26 and 254 days:
PM:130

TD season leader in year Manning played 68th game: 28 TDs

Different era and Manning still beats stafford. We need to stop comparing Stafford to historical players and need to compare him to his peers. Every QB looks good compared to 90s QBs

Ok. It was a reference to how poor our franchise has been.

But what you said is not true.

Through 68 games:
PM: 119
MS: 118

Through game 7 of 6th season:
PM:153

Through age 26 and 254 days:
PM:130

TD season leader in year Manning played 68th game: 28 TDs

Different era and Manning still beats stafford. We need to stop comparing Stafford to historical players and need to compare him to his peers. Every QB looks good compared to 90s QBs

It is true. Rushing TDs too. Rushing TDs and passing TDs. Stafford has the edge. I'm always right

And the fact that we are comparing them, means I am definitely right with how good Stafford is.

It is true. Rushing TDs too. Rushing TDs and passing TDs. Stafford has the edge. I'm always right

So basically what you said is deliberately misleading , in order to rile people up? I thought you had dropped your obvious troll gimmick?

Manning can't run for squat. Why would you even bother including that in your comparison between the two? Besides the total is like 11 vs. 7 in rushing TDs. Not a lot to get excited about there.

Completely different eras as well. Here's their stats:

Manning through first 68 games: 1444/2364, 61.08%, 119 TD/85 INT, 7.37 Y/Att.

Matt Stafford through 68 games: 1644/2749, 59.80%, 118 TD/79 INT, 7.04 Y/Att.

So Manning has been more accurate, thrown one more passing TD than Stafford (in a lot fewer throws), and he also has a much higher Y/Att.

You hang your hat on those 4 or 5 extra rushing TDs though....

So basically what you said is deliberately misleading , in order to rile people up? I thought you had dropped your obvious troll gimmick?

Manning can't run for squat. Why would you even bother including that in your comparison between the two? Besides the total is like 11 vs. 7 in rushing TDs. Not a lot to get excited about there.

Completely different eras as well. Here's their stats:

Manning through first 68 games: 1444/2364, 61.08%, 119 TD/85 INT, 7.37 Y/Att.

Matt Stafford through 68 games: 1644/2749, 59.80%, 118 TD/79 INT, 7.04 Y/Att.

So Manning has been more accurate, thrown one more passing TD than Stafford (in a lot fewer throws), and he also has a much higher Y/Att.

You hang your hat on those 4 or 5 extra rushing TDs though....

Manning has more ints. Even better. And rushing counts. Points are points. Stafford rush skils is one of many reasons to like him more than a young Manning.

It's not misleading. It's true Stafford is better at scoring than a young Manning. And comparing is very close. Meaning Stafford is a good like a young Manning. It's not a different era. It's the same era.

I'll hang on my hat on 118 passing TDs being awesome. Like a young Manning through 68 (119). Hang your hat on one TD and try to tell me he's not even close to a young Manning. Please. It makes you all look dumb.

And he has the Lions TD record in 68 games. Yet you all take him for granted and bash him. For shame. For shame.

And he called me a liar. So i told him why I was right. I said TDs, not passing TDS.

Manning has more ints. Even better. And rushing counts. Points are points. Stafford rush skils is one of many reasons to like him more than a young Manning.

It's not misleading. It's true Stafford is better at scoring than a young Manning. And comparing is very close. Meaning Stafford is a good like a young Manning. It's not a different era. It's the same era.

I'll hang on my hat on 118 passing TDs being awesome. Like a young Manning through 68 (119). Hang your hat on one TD and try to tell me he's not even close to a young Manning. Please. It makes you all look dumb.

And he has the Lions TD record in 68 games. Yet you all take him for granted and bash him. For shame. For shame.

And he called me a liar. So i told him why I was right. I said TDs, not passing TDS.

You are hanging your hat on those extra 4 rushing TDs like I said. That's not very convincing sorry. You're praising Stafford as a runner now, that's not gonna exactly be something people buy into. He has had a few more goal line sneaks than Manning had. What's the point? That makes him better?

It was misleading because nobody in their right mind thinks of "rushing tds" when they think of either Peyton Manning or Matt Stafford.

And we know Stafford has had some impressive numbers (mostly thanks to 2011), nobody has disputed that. His issues are consistency, and accuracy concerns.

Yes they are different eras. Look how many fewer attempts Manning had than Stafford has had. Those extra 385 attempts Matt has had given him a lot more opportunity to throw passing TDs wouldn't you say? And Manning still has more regardless.

In the end, I'm not a Stafford hater. I like the guy, but I want him to be more consistent week to week. I've already read all your usual posts about how awesome he was, so you can spare me that :) Thanks.

You are hanging your hat on one TD. They produced the same. The fact that they are close says everthing. It's the same era and Stafford has to do more than what Manning did. Especially 2012/2013 without turnovers or a run game. Manning had Edgerrin James early and got some turnovers.

Stafford>young Manning. It's not a different era, Manning just had a run game and turnover support and more weapons (for the most part). But they are very comparable and that shows how good Stafford is. He needs more attempts due to longer fields and less ability for the team to run the ball.

You were in a thread about passing TDs. So the topic is passing TDs

Plus the only way you can justify it is to go by the number of games. Which gives Stafford an extra two off seasons of practice.

If you go by age or season Manning blows him away. Staying healthy is part of being good.

Tell you what if Stafford turns out to be better than Manning Ill get a tattoo of Stafford. If he doesn't you get one of Manning.

What was the league leader in TDd in 2002? What was the league leader in 2013?

Different eras.

You are hanging your hat on one TD. They produced the same. The fact that they are close says everthing. It's the same era and Stafford has to do more than what Manning did. Especially 2012/2013 without turnovers or a run game. Manning had Edgerrin James early and got some turnovers.

Stafford>young Manning. It's not a different era, Manning just had a run game and turnover support and more weapons (for the most part). But they are very comparable and that shows how good Stafford is. He needs more attempts due to longer fields and less ability for the team to run the ball.

You are using the total TDs to compare them which is a counting stat. That does not tell the whole story. Do you understand Yards/Attempt and TD pct%? It's a lot easier to accumulate counting stats when you throw the ball a lot more which Stafford does. Again Stafford had 385 MORE passing attempts than Manning, and still came up 1 TD short. Imagine how many additional TDs Manning would have gotten with those extra 385 attempts? The discrepancy would be a lot more than 1 TD.

Calvin Johnson isn't a weapon either? That guy has been helping Matt get all those big yardage and TD numbers. Manning had Marvin Harrison, who was great in his own right. I would take Calvin over him in a heartbeat though.

Troll gimmick is obvious. I don't know why you keep doing it when you admitted you were trolling in the first place. To each their own I suppose.

What was the league leader in TDd in 2002? What was the league leader in 2013?

Different eras.

Same era. Better QBs.

And Manning lived off James rushing too.

Give Stafford a stud back and he's efficient with the same 118 TDs. You saw short field equals TD too with a game winner over the Saints.

You are using the total TDs to compare them which is a counting stat. That does not tell the whole story. Do you understand Yards/Attempt and TD pct%? It's a lot easier to accumulate counting stats when you throw the ball a lot more which Stafford does. Again Stafford had 385 MORE passing attempts than Manning, and still came up 1 TD short. Imagine how many additional TDs Manning would have gotten with those extra 385 attempts? The discrepancy would be a lot more than 1 TD.

Calvin Johnson isn't a weapon either? That guy has been helping Matt get all those big yardage and TD numbers. Manning had Marvin Harrison, who was great in his own right. I would take Calvin over him in a heartbeat though.

Troll gimmick is obvious. I don't know why you keep doing it when you admitted you were trolling in the first place. To each their own I suppose.

Stafford has to solely lead Detroit down the field most of the time. Colts had Manning or James. 118 TDs is impressive. I don't care how many attempts it took, Stafford had it much harder to move the ball by himself.

Every attempt is not a TD attempt, Stafford got them into position and tossed a TD. With the Colts, it wasn't always Manning, it was alot of James getting them in TD position to toss a TD. Still have to toss that TD and Stafford and young Manning are good at it.

And James put Manning into good down and distances too. If you understood football you would understand how impressive Matt has been.

Back