Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers Keeping Tabs On Rafael Soriano

If him needing to be the closer gets the deal done, then do it. Soria/Soriano 8th and 9th would be as good as we've had in a long time.

Pass

Soriano 2014 2nd half = 6.48 ERA 1.60 WHIP .305 OPP BAVG .864 OPP OPS

There is a reason no team has signed him to this point. Unless he signs for the league minimum (Scott Boras client), then I don't like the risk.

Tigers track record signing ex-closers

Jim Johnson

Joel Hanrahan

Jose Valverde

Joe Nathan

Just promote Buck Farmer and let him audition. What is wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that. They move at the pace of a turtle to do something that makes sense.

Yep, lets just throw about $12 million at another closer and expect that to fix everything.

Pass

Soriano 2014 2nd half = 6.48 ERA 1.60 WHIP .305 OPP BAVG .864 OPP OPS

There is a reason no team has signed him to this point. Unless he signs for the league minimum (Scott Boras client), then I don't like the risk.

Tigers track record signing ex-closers

Jim Johnson

Joel Hanrahan

Jose Valverde

Joe Nathan

I agree.

The problem is Farmer would have to start getting some work in the bullpen down on the farm. The Tiger's always value starters way more than relievers... to a fault. The guy has been lights out down there so far and it only makes sense. Our starting rotation will not keep this up, eventually our bullpen will be exposed for what it really is... GARBAGE

Back