Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

schedule

lonesometiger

Not sure how some really feel about the schedule. But in truth the Tigers are in a pennant race right now. They are currently in run of 28 Divisional games out of the 1st 35, games played this season.
In fact They will play 42 of the 73 Division games in the 1st half of 90 games this season. That leaves only 31 divisional games in 72 for the second half. Fall behind now and hard to catch up later.
Fact is they are taking care of business right now,8-1 in Divisional games is a great start. 9 down with 64 to go. Has some what even up games to play in the Division.
Yankee series next 4 games and then 6 Divisional series of 19 games with all 4 of the other teams. 3 with the tribe,6 with the twins, 7 with the royals, and 3 with the sox. Those could be the most important games of the season. Play them one at a time. Get through them like we been doing and it could be a great season. Verlander back healthy and it could be really great.
But for sure Tigers need to win a whole bunch in the next 23 games.

Winning division games are nice but they're not everything. Nice start nonetheless..

I noticed this the other day....our schedule right after the all star break looks brutal (on paper) for about month and a half. Obviously it's still early in the season and we are still finding out which teams are good, etc. But seeing that 2nd half schedule makes me appreciate this hot start even more.

well I'd they are off to a pretty good start, now if they end up starting 27-12 or better again I don't want to see any zubazs this year! lol

Last edited:
So, 47% of their games in the 1st half are against the central, Vs. 43% in the 2nd half. Not that big of a difference. I agree, a lot of them are happening right away, but it does even out.

West coast trips are brutal. Hope there aren't more than three this year.

2 or 3 years ago Leyland bitched to the media about having 4 that year.

Last edited:
West coast rips are brutal. Hope there aren't more than three this year.

2 or 3 years ago Leyland bitched to the media about having 4 that year.

I don't know how but we really only have 1 true west coast trip at the end of May. We have 3 games @Oakland followed by 4 @the Angels. Then we return back home for a series with Oakland. Then in July we have 3 games @Seattle but then head to Minnesota.

I don't know how but we really only have 1 true west coast trip at the end of May. We have 3 games @Oakland followed by 4 @the Angels. Then we return back home for a series with Oakland. Then in July we have 3 games @Seattle but then head to Minnesota.

That is good news!

Back