Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Big Mouth, No Brain Nathan is at it again

Jim Johnson
Jose Valverde
Brian Fuentes
John Axford
Heath Bell
Brad Lidge
Joel Hanrahan
J.J. Putz
Fransico Cordero
Bobby Jenks
Chris Perez
Matt Capps
Eric Gagne

The guy is 40. He's got absolutely nothing left on his stuff.

This feels just like the start of the 2014 seasonall over again insert name here I-- K--sl-r.

I felt like I was on an island taking a beating for rooting for one of my teams players.

Here we go again!

You don't have to though. What has he done that has impressed you in a Tigers uniform other than implode?

You've seen Soria pitch. He's getting paid a good amount. Why can't he close?

Soria in the 8th Nathan in the 9th if Nathan can return to his 2013 form. Our bullpen will not be gassed once September 1st comes. We could also put away games by the 8th inning.

Just my 2 cents, but I don't want Nathan out there with 3 outs to go in a save situation just trying to see if he can return to 2 years ago form. Verlander was our Ace/opening day guy 2 years ago, but we moved on, because he's not as good as he was and not getting any younger, that goes triple for Nathan.

At this point, it's obvious Soria is the better arm. The only question with Nathan as far as I'm concerned, is can he do well enough to set-up, or should he be shown the door all together?

Last edited:
It's funny how many here need to see a player follow up a breakout year with another good year to buy in, yet as soon as a guy has one bad season he's finished?

Back