Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Pirates Game #8

Sometimes when you put a player in a position to fail, they still succeed. And sometimes when you put them in a position to succeed, they fail. And it hasnt been constant, and he has been marginally better than last year, if only just.

I can't figure out why so many people are having trouble grasping the concept I'm getting at there, that we can say an idea was a good one or bad one and praise/criticize it regardless of whether the outcome ended up good or bad. Its not like this is exclusive to baseball or anything.

I always like reading your stuff, but my guess is it has something to do with the vitriol used to do the criticizing.

I am of the opinion that a manager has very little impact on the Win-Loss record over the course of the season with in game decisions. He can certainly impact it with the lineup card and annihilating his players.

And I disagree completely with that opinion. There are hundreds of little decisions made every game that the manager has their hands on. It's insanely micromanaged.

It's probably the most intricate and sensitive of the four major sports, IMO.

Last edited:
Back