Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yankees @ Tigers Game #14

manchild98

TIGERS:

Gose CF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
JD RF
Cespedes LF
Castellanos 3B
Avila C
Iggy SS

Lobstein P

YANKEES:

Ellsbury CF
Gardner LF
Rodriguez DH
Texiera 1B
McCann C
Young RF
Headley 3B
Drew SS
Petit 2B

Eovaldi P

Eovaldi is seeking his first win with the Yankees after settling for a pair of no-decisions in his first two outings of the season, while Lobstein is coming off a victory over the Indians in his 2015 debut.

Three things to know about this game

? Lobstein is making his first start in nine days, having been pushed back while the Tigers waited to see how Justin Verlander fared in his simulated game last week in Pittsburgh. Verlander still felt discomfort, so Lobstein proceeded to get ready, throwing an extra bullpen session to stay sharp.

"Basically kind of what I did in Spring Training," Lobstein said. "A few of my starts were about nine days in between with the split-squad games. So I just applied the preparation that I did in the spring to this point."

? Eovaldi is 2-1 with a 2.96 ERA in eight career starts in April. But the 25-year-old right-hander is 0-5 with a 6.23 ERA over his last six road starts, the longest road losing streak of his career.

? Eovaldi is the first of three straight right-handed starters for the Yankees. If Victor Martinez is going to DH, he'll be batting left-handed, which puts more pressure on his balky left knee. Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said the team has a plan for how to watch the wear and tear on Martinez, though he wouldn't specify how.

I saw there is a wind advisory until 8 pm tonight and it looks like a lot of rain in the area on the radar.

Need the bats tonight for sure. Maybe Lobstein can surprise us all, but don't have a great feeling.

Not feeling it tonight.. likely the result of the really crappy ass cold weather out there, this weather sucks

So if this game was on MLBN we could see how high Miggy jumped on that catch..

f'n ump squeezed Lobstein on gardner 2 and 0 should have been a strike and not ball 3, and same with ball 4 was strike 3.

now he scores on texieira's double.

Last edited:
I'm just following the game on the mlb.com website....ball left Miggy's bat at 106 mph.

Lots of pitches so far for Lobstein. 10 pitch at bat by headley didn't help. He isn't fooling anybody yet.

f'n drew batting .135 and he gets a hit off him batting lefthanded.
This has the makings of a short start.

Last edited:
Self defense double play

Double plays falling out of the sky lately

Last edited:
Back