Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yankees @ Tigers Game #15

manchild98

TIGERS:

Gose CF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
JD RF
Cespedes LF
Castellanos 3B
Avila C
Iggy SS

Price P

YANKEES:

Ellsbury CF
Young LF
Rodriguez DH
Texeria 1B
McCann C
Beltran RF
Headley 3B
Petit 2B
Gregorius SS

Warren P

Price has been dominant in his first three outings, allowing only one earned run over 22 1/3 innings. Yet Price has only one win to show for his performance.

"That's the way it is when you are the Opening Day guy. You match up against everybody else's No. 1," Price said. "That's the way it goes. ... The most important thing is that we are 3-0 in the games I started. That's what matters."

Three things to know about this game

? Carlos Beltran should return to the Yankees' starting lineup. Manager Joe Girardi opted to start Chris Young on Tuesday in favor of Beltran, who's batting just .171 this season. Young, who's tied for the team lead with four home runs, will likely start Wednesday as well, with either Jacoby Ellsbury or Brett Gardner expected to sit out.

? Price has nowhere to go but up after his last outing against the Yankees at Comerica Park. In the third inning of his Aug. 27 start, Price served up nine straight hits and eight runs. He pitched only two-plus innings, giving up 12 hits and a walk. Has he wiped his memory of that outing yet?

"What happened? I don't know what you are talking about," Price said, smiling. "It was crazy."

? Warren has never started against the Tigers, but he is 1-0 with a 1.69 ERA in four career relief appearances against Detroit. He's only pitched once at Comerica Park, allowing a run in one inning. The right-hander is 1-1 with a 5.95 ERA in five career starts overall.

I can see can flurries, this is the latest into april I can ever recall seeing snow fall for a toger game

Last edited:
If it's not too much trouble tiger's offense we would like to see some scoring both early and often

I blame Rod. Last night, 3 times - "oh yeah Price will get 8 tomorrow, he'll go 8."

That happened in a hurry. Just got to the bar so i could watch the game. Might be leaving early.

I don't think I've ever seen a guy throw this many pitches in one inning. What a nightmare.

1 hop throw to the plate in plenty of time and YC gets the error?

Last edited:
We need to get 2 or 3 back in the bottom half. Hopefully their guy can't find the plate either.

Back