Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yankees @ Tigers Game #16

manchild98

TIGERS:

Gose CF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
JD RF
Cespedes LF
Avila C
Castellanos 3B
Perez SS

Sanchez P

YANKEES:

Ellsbury CF
Gardner LF
Beltran DH
McCann C
Headley 3B
Young RF
Jones 1B
Drew SS
Gregorius 2B

Tanaka P

Things to know about this game

• Tanaka is coming off his best start of the season, striking out eight over seven scoreless innings against the Rays.

Following his Opening Day start, Tanaka pitched on five days' rest his last two times out. He'll be pitching on normal rest Thursday for the first time this season.

Tanaka is 4-2 with a 3.07 ERA in eight starts on four days' rest in the Majors, compared to 8-3 with a 2.86 ERA in 11 starts on five days' rest.

"I thought he put it all together his last outing," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "He had all his pitches, so I feel good when he takes the mound."

• After giving up five home runs over his last two starts, compared to only four in 126 innings last season, Sanchez threw two bullpen sessions in four days this week to repair his delivery with pitching coach Jeff Jones.

"My back leg was a little bit off, and my front leg was a little bit straight," Sanchez said. "It's just little things that happen during the season. The important thing is I am healthy and I think I am ready."

Last edited:
still not feeling it, still too cold. I shall not watch today in the hopes that negative vibes do not penetrate through the television set.

:)

Last edited:
still not feeling it, still too cold. I shall not watch today in the hopes that negative vibes do not penetrate through the television set.

:)

Cold had nothing to do with yesterday. DP just has his difficulties with the NYY. Anibal needs to get it done today..

Yeah Tigers have sucked in the cold since DD revamped the team.. Guess we cant have it all :/ Just one hot spell please in September and October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold had nothing to do with yesterday. DP just has his difficulties with the NYY. Anibal needs to get it done today..

may occasionally hit refresh and read the board and glance over at gamecast but keeping myself away from any visuals, I have no confidence in Anibal right now, even Brad said in the post game last night cold doesn't help Anibal. anyway either way it's still early and 11-4 is pretty good need to move this cold out of here it really sucks.

Every team has their 2, 3, 4 game losing streaks. Even the best of teams.

It wasn't the cold weather per se as much as it was that the weather was different for the Yankees than it was for the Tigers.

Last edited:
JD strikes out after staring at 6 straight pitches. You don't see that too often.

I had to edit the line up...I didn't realize Avila and Castellanos flip flopped spots today.

Back