Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Martian

biggunsbob

I read the book by Andy Weir last year and I am very excited they are making a movie out of it starring Matt Damon and directed by Ridley Scott. I hope it turns out well...

I watched this tonight. Not a bad movie, but it got to the point where it was predictable. Every so many minutes there was always going to be some disaster to overcome, several of which I knew were going to happen before they happened. I wont mention them because of spoilers, but I'm sure anyone else who watches the movie will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Decent movie, but predictable plot, and loooong.

I watched this tonight. Not a bad movie, but it got to the point where it was predictable. Every so many minutes there was always going to be some disaster to overcome, several of which I knew were going to happen before they happened. I wont mention them because of spoilers, but I'm sure anyone else who watches the movie will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Decent movie, but predictable plot, and loooong.

Yup and I even read the book before going to the movie with the wife and kids..when I read the book over a year before the movie I finished it up and said the guy just wrote a movie ..glad he cashed in. Good for him. The one thing I liked was it was mostly grounded in today's science. I thought that was cool.

This movie was great. Had many funny moments but was rooted in sci-fi and some suspense. The cast wasn't bad either. I really enjoyed it.

Watched it last night. Good movie and definitely worth watching, but it felt pretty predictable and derivative after films like Gravity, Apollo 13, Castaway, etc.

Back