Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 39 Tigers vs. orioles May 18, 2017

amazingly the tigers are only .5 game out of first, I find that mind boggling

What's mind boggling about it? Everyone knew our division was mediocre to terrible before the season started. It's one of the main reasons I had some hope for this season. Need to beat up on these AL Central teams when we play them. I still think whomever gets hot between us and the Tribe will win the division.

DET is 24th in road Run Differential. For them to compete, they have to do better. Even their home Run Differential isn't elite (14th). Collectively, they are 20th in Run Differential.

In 2016 (missed playoffs), they were 11th collectively. They were 9th on the road and 13th at home.

1. CHC
2. BOS
3. WSN
4. CLE
5. TOR

2017 = 20th
2016 = 11th (Top 7 made playoffs)
2015 = 28th(Top 7 made playoffs)
2014 = 9th (8 of top 9 made playoffs)
2013 = 3rd (8 of top 9 made playoffs)
2012 = 12th (8 of top 9 made playoffs)
2011 = 9th (8 of top 9 made playoffs)
2010 = 16th (top 8 made playoffs)
2009 = 17th (7 of top 8 made playoffs)

BLUF....top 7 teams in run differential generally make the playoffs.

Back