Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 42 Tigers vs. rangers May 21, 2017

Alright boys, I've seen enough. Hope I wake up to find I missed a rally.

3 to tie 4 to win due up

Lettuce
Kinsler
Avila

Out, single, walk, double, home run sounds good

Last edited:
Sweet!!!! Another 3-3 homestand !!!!! This broken record sounds familiar

.500!!!!!!!

NOTABLE:
Ian Kinsler hit a leadoff home run to tie the game 1-1 in the first inning. It was his second leadoff home run of the season and 42nd of his career, tying Curtis Granderson for sixth-most in MLB history.

The Tigers had a good opportunity to take an early lead. After Kinsler's leadoff home run, they put runners at first and third with nobody out did not score again in the inning.

Mike Napoli hit a 446-foot home run to center field to give the Rangers a 3-2 lead in the top of the fifth inning. It was his 10th of the season and 17th of his career against Detroit.

Boyd has allowed three or more earned runs in his past five starts.
Boyd scattered 12 hits and allowed four runs over 5 1/3 innings.
The left-hander struck out three and didn?t walk anybody despite managing to throw just 68 of his 102 pitches for strikes.
He has given up 11 runs on 20 hits in his past 7 2/3 innings.

Francisco Rodriguez pitched a one-two-three eighth inning for Detroit. Since being taken out of the closers role after a blown save May 7 against Oakland, he has allowed two runs on two hits in 4 2/3 innings.

Ausmus said catcher John Hicks was being sent back to Triple-A Toledo to make room on the roster for Victor Martinez, who is expected to return from a three-day paternity leave tonight at Houston.

Alex Avila should be the team?s new No. 2 hitter
That is all.

ROARS:
Miguel Cabrera: He collected three hits, an RBI, and some well-deserved praise from the ESPN broadcasters.

Shane Greene Coming into a game with a runner on first base isn?t even close to the worst jam he has seen this season, but Greene still deserves credit for stranding DeShields with a pair of strikeouts to end the sixth inning.

HISSES:
J.D. Martinez: He has been a human fire emoji since coming off the disabled list, but went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts in this game. His strikeout against Sam Dyson with Miguel Cabrera in scoring position in the seventh was especially painful.

Nick Castellanos: See above. Castellanos had an opportunity to plate some runs in the first inning, but chased a number of pitches outside the strike zone before grounding out weakly to Darvish.

Tyler Collins: He should not be the Tigers? starting center fielder.

HISSES: Ausmess once again putting on the gas mask after inhaling the Hydrogen Sulfide by replacing Boyd in the 6th when he had given up 10 hits in five innings already.

This team is just not doing it for me. even though they are still well within contention in the AL Central it's hard to be excited about a .500 team.

This team is just not doing it for me. even though they are still well within contention in the AL Central it's hard to be excited about a .500 team.

I'll take .500 and in contention then .540 and no contention.

well if he was or wasn't it didn't seem to help anything Dyson mowed just about every he faced down.

Back