Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 43 Tigers @ Astros May 22, 2017

I'm not arguing for the pitching. I'm just saying that the offense hasn't been subpar like many of you keep saying.

They have been sub par. Runs aren't the only thing that quantifies.. 3rd or not. I could go through the line and pick just about anyone and they have sub par years..

Just for fun, in order..

Kinsler, sub par. Nick C. Sub par, Miggy, Sub par. VMart, Sub par. Iggy, Sub Par, McCann, Sub par. Collins, Sub par. Bench, Sub par. That's a lot of guys..

Well with all those guys struggling, they've still managed to put a lot of runs up. Just think what they'll do when some of those guys start to hit.

Just for fun, in order..

Bench, Sub par.

I would argue Romine is at par. .230 hitter, decent defense, plays anywhere, occasionally runs into one for a dinger or XBH, meh.......about what we'd expect.

I agree with your other assessments.

14 Of there loses 3 or fewer runs scored. The offence at times does not work.

Find me a team that doesn't have off nights. We've also lost quite a few games this year scoring 5 or more runs. Pitching has been much more consistently bad.

I would argue Romine is at par. .230 hitter, decent defense, plays anywhere, occasionally runs into one for a dinger or XBH, meh.......about what we'd expect.

I agree with your other assessments.

That's why I left him out. He's been fine.

Don't we have a few games of 11 runs in a loss. 9 in a win and a 13 spot in a win verses the twins. Just feels like we are terribly inconsistent.

Don't we have a few games of 11 runs in a loss. 9 in a win and a 13 spot in a win verses the twins. Just feels like we are terribly inconsistent.

Don't forget the 19 run win vs Seattle.

Edit: Btw, we got shutout the next day.

Last edited:
Monday night was the 42nd time the Tigers have been victims of a nine-inning one-hitter since 1913 (the earliest date for which Baseball Reference has records). The last time the Tigers lost such a game by a 1-0 score was on July 11, 1917, 100 years ago.
The pitcher for the Boston Red Sox that day? George Herman "Babe" Ruth.

Back