Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Justin Wilson new closer

Last edited:
The only thing that I hate is now we have 2 stiffs that we can't count on in the bullpen.

Like it but also ask where does this put frank? The 8th inning guy to give up the runs in the 8th instead

“It’s not easy to tell a guy that’s been so good for so long that you’re taking him out of that role for the time being.” Ausmus. For a manager, it would be this easy.

Last edited:
so the tigers basically have two guys in the pen now they really don't want to use unless the game is lopsided. I don't see how that works out well. Screw it I say lets go closer by committee. Just treat the 9th like any other inning whomever is available with a short hook. Let's revolutionize the closer role Brad! It's just another inning, Greene, Sanchez, A and J Wilson, Frank, whomever whenever with the difference being you are not assured to start and finish the 9th, you let frank come in give up a lead off walk you pull his ass stat. same for anyone else etc.. Be a trend setter Brad, it's just another inning, games can be won and lost in any inning not just the 9th..

All this 6th inning guy, 7th inning guy 8th inning guy etc.. hogwash, throw it on the ground!

Last edited:
Back