Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 33 Tigers vs. angels May 11, 2017

Come on Collins .. damn it all. Kinda charging that wall a tad hard dang it all.

Last edited:
Fullmer is dealing. Reminding me more and more of vintage JV.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Assmunch didnt pinch run for VMart. It's the 8th inning, he very likely won't hit again, and a lead off double usually leads to a run with a halfway decent runner.

And of course, as I'm typing this, McCann doubles and knocked in Victor from third, but I think my point is still valid.

Last edited:
Alright that does it we just need to pick a guy each night to complain about. Lets call it our our own pick the smuck..

Good win tonight

The Tigers haven?t won a series at Angel Stadium of Anaheim since 2009.
In that span, they?ve gone 5-18, getting outscored 121-60.

NOTABLE:
Justin Upton's three-run home run in the first inning was the 228th of his career, surpassing Marquis Grissom and tying Victor Martinez.
It was his seventh homer of the year and his 20th since Sept. 1, 2016, a span of only 57 games.

Ian Kinsler wasted no time getting back in the swing of things. He singled three times on Thursday after missing five straight starts with a tight hamstring.

Trout was returning from a hamstring injury that sidelined him for five games.
He went 0-for-4 with two infield ground-outs, an infield pop-out and a fly to deep right field that stayed in the park.

Andrew Romine, a last-minute addition to the lineup when Jim Adduci was scratched, was playing only minutes from his home in southern California.
He went to high school in nearby Mission Viejo and started his career with the Angels.

So it was a nice touch to get his first career home run at Angel Stadium on the first pitch he saw Thursday night.
Romine wrapped a two-run home run around the right field foul poll in the second inning.
Romine now has eight career home runs; five have come on the first pitch of a count.

Fulmer was overpowering. His fastball was ringing between 95-97 mph, and he was getting ugly swings with his change-up (five swings and misses) and slider.
He pitched seven innings, using a career-high 114 pitches, and allowed one run and three hits with seven strikeouts. Fulmer induced 11 ground-ball outs.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers Win over the angels.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490615
Boxscore.

ROARS:
Hit parade: Ian Kinsler?fresh off the disabled list?and James McCann, both had three-hit games. In fact, the entire offense was slap happy at the plate, walking all over JC Ramirez in the first three innings.
By the fifth the Angels? pitcher had found his groove, but the Tigers damage had already been done.

Michael Fulmer: Obviously. He didn?t give up a walk until the fourth inning and held the Angels runless until the fifth. It might not have been a repeat of the near no-hitter he pitched in Los Angeles last season, but it was more of the quality stuff he exhibited during his last start in Oakland.
Michael Fulmer is on fire.

Jose Iglesias: He deserves a roar for some absolutely top-notch work at shortstop, both with Kinsler and on his own. Iglesias absolutely shines in the field.

HISSES:
Tyler Collins - a missed play in right field allowed the first Angels RBI of the night, off a double from Yunel Escobar. No guarantee the run wouldn?t have scored anyway, but it would have been close if Collins had mad the play.
For Collins, who hasn?t been delivering at the plate, a fumble in the outfield is a definite black mark.

Cameron Maybin - oh wait, he doesn?t play for us anymore. He did miss a centerfield fly ball that allowed Victor Martinez to collect a double. Maybe he deserves a roar for that. We saw this coming.

PostGame . I'm sure Ron will have it in the notes.

Adduci to DL..did it on a swing I think.
Martinez coming up.

Last edited:
PostGame . I'm sure Ron will have it in the notes.

Adduci to DL..did it on a swing I think.
Martinez coming up.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...-injury-hastens-return-jd-martinez/101586190/
Adduci injury hastens the return of J.D. Martinez.
Detnews

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/229775422/tigers-to-put-adduci-on-dl-activate-martinez/
J.D. Martinez set to return ahead of schedule.
Tigers outfielder Adduci headed to DL with oblique injury.
Tigers official site

Per the Elias Sports Bureau, Michael Fulmer?s 2.94 ERA through 33 starts is the fifth lowest by a pitcher who started his career with the Detroit Tigers.
Mark Fidrych (2.30), Bernie Boland (2.74), Virgil Trucks (2.87) and Dave Rozema (2.93) each had a lower ERA through 33 starts.

Per the Elias Sports Bureau, Michael Fulmer?s 2.94 ERA through 33 starts is the fifth lowest by a pitcher who started his career with the Detroit Tigers.
Mark Fidrych (2.30), Bernie Boland (2.74), Virgil Trucks (2.87) and Dave Rozema (2.93) each had a lower ERA through 33 starts.

Dave Rozema, of the flying Karate kick Rozema's. Underrated as they come.. He had a nice career in Detroit.

Back