Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 40 Tigers vs. rangers May 19, 2017

NOTABLE:
Joey Gallo, the Rangers' 23-year-old third baseman, crushed a 439-foot home run to right field in the sixth inning. It was his 13th of the season, just one behind Aaron Judge and Freddie Freeman for the Major League lead.

Norris also gave up a home run to Mike Napoli (his ninth) to lead off the fourth inning, but responded by striking out three batters in a row.

Anibal Sanchez, pitching for the first time in seven days, breezed through 2 1/3 innings of work. He faced the minimum and struck out two.

Tigers right fielder Tyler Collins, who went 3-for-4 with two home runs to break out of an 0-for-30 slump on Wednesday, hasn't been able to capture the momentum.

He's gone hitless in his last two games, including an 0-for-5 outing with two strikeouts on Friday.

The Tigers had only a two-man bench, as Victor Martinez (paternity leave) and Miguel Cabrera (strained oblique) are unavailable.

ROARS:
Anibal Sanchez: Yup. He did well tonight. He pitched 2 1⁄3 innings and gave up only one hit, striking out two.

HISSES:
Daniel Beavis Norris: Same old story ? his command was off, despite striking out eight and having two 1-2-3 innings (the second and fifth). He even walked in a run (!) in the third. His final line was 5 2⁄3 innings pitched, seven hits, five runs (all earned), two walks, eight strikeouts, and two home runs on 108 pitches (61 strikes).

Tigers offense: They left 10 runners on base and struck out 12 times.

STATS AND INFO:
This was the first time Alex Avila has batted cleanup in his career, and fourth is the highest he has ever started in a lineup.

Daniel Norris? eight strikeouts ties his season high ? he struck out eight on May 1 at home against the Cleveland Indians.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/rangers...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490730
Boxscore.

Team is just not good enough to put any type of winning streak togther sadly.

Norris has really great stuff. If he can get more feel for his pitches I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a big jump. He'd have a few beautiful pitches and then just totally air mail one. Gets a little too amped up.

Tigers longest winning streak this year is three games, Texas stands at 10 straight now.

3 GD games!, Tigers are just not good enough.

Now how much ya wanna bet Tigers rush Miggy back and he turns that grade 1 into 4-6 weeks before the home stand is over.

Miggy will play Saturday most likely as the DH.

Farmer was sent down after the game and John Hicks will be back for short time most likely at 1B possible C.

I can't for the life of me figure out why farmer was brought up in the first place Al brad now that hicks is back up keep miggy out for at least the next two and don't go rushing him back ya bunch of dumbasses

I can't for the life of me figure out why farmer was brought up in the first place Al brad now that hicks is back up keep miggy out for at least the next two and don't go rushing him back ya bunch of dumbasses

i'm sure they thought that it would be more likely that they would need an extra BP arm vs. a bat on the bench. With this pen...that is sound logic

I'd buy that more if they would have used him. I mean they used rodriquez and sanchez in the game for christ sake and didn't use him.

That lineup would have looked better with Hicks batting 2nd. IMO

Back