Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 45 Tigers vs. Astros May 24, 2017

You'z a dumbass brad give yourself the rest of the road trip off

Last edited:
ROARS:
Daniel Norris: While he has a pair of eight-strikeout games on his resume already, this was Norris? best outing of the season. He pounded the strike zone (for him), throwing 60 of 98 pitches for strikes. There were only a few hard-hit balls, and he buckled down with runners in scoring position.

Jose Iglesias: Iglesias was truly a second leadoff man for the Tigers in this game. He had three hits ? two to lead off innings ? scored three times, and drove in a pair of runs with a ninth-inning homer. His double to start off the eighth inning was arguably the play of the game for Detroit, and he led the team with +.262 WPA.

Ian Kinsler: Two hits, two runs scored. Kinsler made a huge play in the eighth, taking second base on an errant throw by center fielder Jake Marisnick. If Kinsler doesn?t advance, there?s a chance he does not score an important insurance run in that inning.

NOTABLE:
A rare catcher's interference by the Tigers' Alex Avila led to the Astros' first run in the third inning.

On a 2-2 pitch, George Springer's swing smacked his hand. It appeared painful, but Avila stayed in the game. Springer got first base and eventually scored an unearned run.

Norris completed the sixth inning in 97 pitches, the first time he's been under 100 at the six-inning mark.

When the Tigers scored two in the third, they took their first lead since Saturday, a span of 29 innings.

Astros reliever Jordan Jankowski made his Major League debut in the ninth inning. The 28-year-old had spent parts of six seasons in the minor leagues since being drafted by the Astros in 2012. He struck out his first two batters, Mikie Mahtook and Andrew Romine, before allowing the triple to Collins and then the two-run homer by Iglesias.

http://m.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers Win over the astros.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490790
Boxscore.

22-23 4 games out, 6th worst record in the AL

Not good enough!

Giving myself the night off tomorrow from the tigers, they better win

I think we nailed it. Who are we calling out next game.. It seems to work?

He's rip worthy..

sure...but people don't think before they do it.

In this case

Originally Posted by tigermud View Post
Way to burn the closer for tommorrow brad..dumbass

He says this when Wilson hadn't pitched in 7 days.

Last edited:

In this case

That's one guy in which you replied "You guys."

In this case

Brad deserves it, I'll rip on him when I feel like..everybody needs a day off here and there. Or two, even brad and fans. He has done good to give guys struggling days off, keep that trend going..

Last edited:
82-80 is about as lukewarm a team can get and that's my projection on the season. The 43-119 season had more gravitas if for the simple reason that the Tigers finished strong to avoid setting a franchise record for season losses. This team is about as fascinating tree bark.

I stand by my rant in a recent game thread about some players and Ausmus.

Was extremely disappointed they went for a complete neophyte manager to run a veteran team. Sticking with players long past the time a change should have been made, fucked up bullpen decisions, lineups,
and I have no faith in Avila making a trade(s) to help the team, more like he would get less in return than most experienced GM's.

also;
Tigers will play 4 games in 45 hours in grueling stretch that starts today/Thursday.

I stand by my rant in a recent game thread about some players and Ausmus.

Was extremely disappointed they went for a complete neophyte manager to run a veteran team. Sticking with players long past the time a change should have been made, fucked up bullpen decisions, lineups,
and I have no faith in Avila making a trade(s) to help the team, more like he would get less in return than most experienced GM's.

also;
Tigers will play 4 games in 45 hours in grueling stretch that starts today/Thursday.

it really sucks that today's game isn't at 1PM like most Thursday games

Starting Pitching

w/Avila
87.7 IP 3.49 ERA 1.28 WHIP .246 BAVG .305 OBP .408 SLG .713 OPS 0 HBP 4 SB 3 CS

w/McCann
174.7 IP 4.84 ERA 1.51 WHIP .279 BAVG .352 OBP .440 SLG .792 OPS 11 HBP 13 SB 2 CS

If you isolate this more to just Norris, Boyd and Fulmer (the Young Guns), the difference is even more striking.

Was Norris' success last night just one of those things? Or was it correlated to Avila catching him?

Last edited:
Starting Pitching

w/Avila
87.7 IP 3.49 ERA 1.28 WHIP .246 BAVG .305 OBP .408 SLG .713 OPS 0 HBP 4 SB 3 CS

w/McCann
174.7 IP 4.84 ERA 1.51 WHIP .279 BAVG .352 OBP .440 SLG .792 OPS 11 HBP 13 SB 2 CS

If you isolate this more to just Norris, Boyd and Fulmer (the Young Guns), the difference is even more striking.

Was Norris' success last night just one of those things? Or was it correlated to Avila catching him?

what does the catcher have to do with HBP?

Back