Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 47 Tigers vs. white sox May 26, 2017

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
1. Jose Iglesias, SS
2. Alex Avila, C
3. Victor Martinez, DH
4. J.D. Martinez, RF
5. Justin Upton, LF
6. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
7. Tyler Collins, CF
8. John Hicks, 1B
9. Andrew Romine, 2B
LHP Matthew Boyd
Bench: 1B Miguel Cabrera, OF Mikie Mahtook, 2B Ian Kinsler.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...ers-chicago-white-sox-doubleheader/348048001/
Game 1 of Tigers-White Sox doubleheader postponed; Game 2 still on.
Freep

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/232573066/tigers-sox-opener-postponed-nightcap-on/
Tigers-Sox opener postponed, nightcap on.
Doubleheader now slated for Saturday.
Tigers official site

All-Time DETROIT leads 1080-1042.

ESPN Detroit Tigers Home Page 5-26-17. Rumor Central: Tigers open to dealing all veterans if team doesn't improve?

"The Tigers could revert to making all veteran players available in trade talks if they are still under .500 by the end of June."

I really do not see how they can make any kind of trade that they can come out with something to show for it. There veterans are either to old or over paid or have to long of a contract, or a combo of those.
Still got to do something 195+ is starting to be, hard sell.

Last edited:
ESPN Detroit Tigers Home Page 5-26-17. Rumor Central: Tigers open to dealing all veterans if team doesn't improve?

"The Tigers could revert to making all veteran players available in trade talks if they are still under .500 by the end of June."

I really do not see how they can make any kind of trade that they can come out with something to show for it. There veterans are either to old or over paid or have to long of a contract, or a combo of those.
Still got to do something 195+ is starting to be, hard sell.

Shouldn't have much problem moving JD and Kinsler minimum imo

Don't forget who's paying your salary pelfrey, serve us up some meat balls!

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...se-iglesias-detroit-tigers-leadoff/350889001/
With Ian Kinsler out, hot-hitting Jose Iglesias in Tigers' leadoff spot.
Freep

Hot hitting Iggy, give me a break, he was lucky, still chasing/reaching for a pitch by his ankles ground out his last at bat last night.

F'n Tigers beat writers don't have any balls to call it like it is.
Clown shoes Collins in CF, just bring up JaCoby and let him play CF,
do any grounders to Nick get fielded tonight, I hope the time off works like last year,
Upton half the time is like Raburn in LF,
Ausmus sucks, and the home plate ump sucks too,
last sentence for mawilli.

3 of the 5 tigers starting pitchers have era's worse than pelfreys how fkin pathetic is that!

I don't think this is starting at 8:45 either, just cancel game two, play three tomorrow and one Sunday

3 of the 5 tigers starting pitchers have era's worse than pelfreys how fkin pathetic is that!

I don't think this is starting at 8:45 either, just cancel game two, play three tomorrow and one Sunday

Tied 2nd in AL for Quality Starts. They are either really good (Fulmer), or really bad (Zimmerman). Little in-between.

Fulmer 9-9 100%
Verlander 6-10 60.%
Boyd 5-9 55.6%

AL AVG = 46.5%

Norris 4-9 44.4%
Zimmerman 2-9 22.2%

I don't remember that back door movement on Pelfrey's strike 3 pitch to Avila when he was with us.

Back