Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 47 Tigers vs. white sox May 26, 2017

Alright I'm done for the night thank god and I'm not watching anymore of these pathetic jokes this weekend. I hate this f'n team

Holy depressing a Mike Pelfrey team beat the tigers . This organization is cursed since 1984..

Last edited:
ESPN Detroit Tigers Home Page 5-26-17. Rumor Central: Tigers open to dealing all veterans if team doesn't improve?

"The Tigers could revert to making all veteran players available in trade talks if they are still under .500 by the end of June."

I really do not see how they can make any kind of trade that they can come out with something to show for it. There veterans are either to old or over paid or have to long of a contract, or a combo of those.
Still got to do something 195+ is starting to be, hard sell.

22-25 this could happen sooner than well later.

ESPN Detroit Tigers Home Page 5-26-17. Rumor Central: Tigers open to dealing all veterans if team doesn't improve?

"The Tigers could revert to making all veteran players available in trade talks if they are still under .500 by the end of June."

I really do not see how they can make any kind of trade that they can come out with something to show for it. There veterans are either to old or over paid or have to long of a contract, or a combo of those.
Still got to do something 195+ is starting to be, hard sell.

I don't think Tigers offence got the meno .

NOTABLE:
Tigers starter Matthew Boyd was on the verge of a 1-2-3 inning in the third when Melky Cabrera beat out an infield grounder by a step. Cabrera's single was followed by another single, a walk and then a three-run double by Avisail Garcia to give the White Sox a 3-1 lead.

The Tigers had opportunities to answer immediately in the top of the fourth, but Nicholas Castellanos, John Hicks and Andrew Romine all failed to deliver with runners in scoring position.
Hicks, who came to the plate with the bases loaded for the first time in his Major League career, reached on a fielder's choice but a runner was forced at home.

Tigers third baseman Nicholas Castellanos, back in the lineup after a two-day absence to "reset" and regroup, committed his 10th error of the season in the seventh inning. He committed nine all of last year.

Since making his Major League debut earlier this month, Chad Bell had yet to allow a run over 9 innings of work before Melky Cabrera's home run.

White Sox second baseman Tyler Saladino left the game in the fourth inning with back spasms. He was replaced by Yolmer Sanchez.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...819#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490819
Boxscore.

Pelfrey allowed two runs on four hits in five innings. He struck out seven batters, one shy of his career-high,and two more than he ever fanned in a game with the Tigers. The Tigers owe him $8 million this season.

With the loss, the Tigers fell three games under the .500 mark for the first time this season. They are 1-4 on a lengthy road trip that continues this afternoon with a straight doubleheader.

Boyd hasn?t won since April 16. He lost his last five. In his four previous starts this month he had a 7.17 ERA and 1.922 WHIP. The opponents' average against him in May: .347 with a .973 OPS.

ROARS:
Alex Avila - there wasn?t a lot to cheer about this game, but Avila is really stepping up, taking over starting catcher duties now that James McCann is on the disabled list. He also nailed his sixth home run of the season, one of the few bright offensive moments for the game.
If one were so inclined to write names in for the All-Star Game, Avila?s would be a smart choice.

HISSES:
The strike zone - what the heck is this? Home plate umpire Phil Cuzzi had a very broad definition of the strike zone tonight, that both helped and hindered the Tigers in equal measure. The questionable calls were coming in all night. Fuck you Phil Cuzzi.

Nicholas Castellanos - after sitting out yesterday?s game, Castellanos was back in action again, and once more he had a lot of difficulty managing defense at third base. Bobbles, dives, and plays that left a great deal to be desired. He?s now at 10 errors this season at the quarter mark. Last season he had only nine all year. It wouldn?t be as frustrating if Castellanos was contributing at the plate, but he just seems lost in general at the moment.

STREAKS & INFO:
Jose Abreu is on a 15-game hitting streak against the Tigers. Hopefully during the marathon of games this weekend one of the Tigers? pitchers can figure out how to end his luck.

Andrew Romine has now played six of the ten AL positions this season so far: left field, center field, third base, shortstop, second base, first base, and designated hitter. The only positions he has yet to play this year are pitcher, catcher, and right field. He also turned a mighty fine double play in the seventh.

Chad Bell, who had gone nine scoreless innings since his MLB debut, finally gave up his first runs, and did it in style, with a 3-run blast by Melky Cabrera in the bottom of the eighth.

I don't understand the public memo about if you don't play better we're making trades. Just play the games and if you decide to make some trades do it.. And who's going to trade for the trash we got? The only guy hitting, JD and he was injured for a chunk of the season. They missed their boat.. Last season was the time to trade JD, and Nick, and Ian.. We have no vets worth dealing..

I don't understand the public memo about if you don't play better we're making trades. Just play the games and if you decide to make some trades do it.. And who's going to trade for the trash we got? The only guy hitting, JD and he was injured for a chunk of the season. They missed their boat.. Last season was the time to trade JD, and Nick, and Ian.. We have no vets worth dealing..

Shock treatment! 8-2 loss don't think it worked. Bad timing. Kinsler to the 10 day DL for one thing, shows how OLD & injury prone the Vets are!

you never know....some team might bite on Miggy or JV

you never know....some team might bite on Miggy or JV

The only way that happens is they pay a big portion of their contracts and get a guy like Pelfrey in return.. And I don't want either of those 2 traded regardless what they get..

Last edited:
Back