Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 50 Tigers @ WhiteSox 5-28-2017

2/3rd through, a 7 run lead, no hits or walks through 6

A little early in my opinion. Had that VMart/Avila doubleplay not happened, there was a chance that he would've been up to bat for a chance to make it a 2 run game.

Well alright then..got other shit to do yet today..this team is f'n atrious

How can a pitcher forget how to pitch so soon? Same with Sanchez?

Not really sure why JD was takin out of the game likely either a or b

A) tweaked something (injury prones)
B) brad threw in the towel after 6 also concluding the game was already over, ok for me fan to say and think that, not ok for manager..time for brad to go

past time

Either the PC or HC will be a scapegoat soon.. That's my guess.

Either the PC or HC will be a scapegoat soon.. That's my guess.

well, they can't fire who is really to blame...they wouldn't have any players left

They'd have one starter, a part time catcher, a RF who has only played a dozen games and a couple of relievers.

Last edited:
well, they can't fire who is really to blame...they wouldn't have any players left

They'd have one starter, a part time catcher, a RF who has only played a dozen games and a couple of relievers.

I get the players aren't performing but we don't have coaches that can turn things around.. Why is the whole team struggling? Get in their face, motivate them somehow. I believe they're partially to blame.. For example, every year this team is bad on the bases. Yet we don't have a manager who says "quit fucking up on the bases."

Btw, who the heck is Le?n? And don't we have any young prospects? Seems like everyone will be bring up is freaking 30 years old..

Pretty well what they are playing with now.

I'm glad we could get two on with one out and 3 pitches later it's over.

The Tigers have lost six of eight on this road trip that will end with three games in Kansas City beginning on Monday, and have fallen four games under .500 (23-27).

Still, with second baseman Ian Kinsler and catcher James McCann on the disabled list, with J.D. Martinez still dealing with residual soreness in his right foot, with the center field position still unsettled and unproductive, with three-fifths of the starting rotation struggling, with the offense as anemic as it?s been in recent memory ? somehow this stretch feels worse.

Zimmermann has now allowed 16 home runs in just 55 innings, tied for the third-highest mark in the Majors. He gave up 14 in 105 innings last year.
His final line looked like this: Five innings, eight hits, seven earned runs, one walk and three strikeouts. For the season, the right-hander has a 6.47 ERA in 10 starts. He has allowed more than three runs in eight of his 10 starts this season.
"My slider's absolutely terrible right now, and through my career my slider's been my best pitch," Zimmermann said.

NOTABLE:
Gonzalez saw his perfect game, no-hitter and shutout evaporate on the first three batters of the seventh inning.

Tim Anderson was originally assessed an error on Andrew Romine's sharp ground ball to lead off the seventh. But after the no-hitter was lost, and the distinction no longer matter, the ruling was changed to give Romine an infield hit.

Tigers center fielder Alex Presley, who joined the team on Sunday after Tyler Collins was designated for assignment, got his first hit of 2017 and his second as a Tigers when he doubled to the gap in right-center in the eighth inning.

Tigers reliever Arcenio Leon made his Major League debut in the eighth inning, retiring three White Sox batters in order. He got Willy Garcia swinging to end the inning for his first big-league strikeout.

The Tigers struck out 49 times in this series ? the most by a team in a four-game series since 1913.

Castellanos? comitted his 11th error, two more than he made last year.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-...nal,lock_state=final,game_tab=box,game=490849
Boxscore.

Back