Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings GM Ken Holland: Report of Ilitch family selling 'Not True'

While I do believe the rumor is bs, I do and have always thought once mr I passes the family will sell both franchises. Just my opinion. I have seen another rumor out there before though that Dan Gilbert would love to buy the Tigers if the Illitch's ever sell.

So would the Fords, who finished 2nd to Ilitch in the Tigers 1992 sale.

Every once in a while, big corporations put out feelers, for a perspective on their real world-worth. It may even be required nowadays, when such large financing searches sends loan structuring guidelines for such huge financial undertakings like the New Arena Project.

So what Toronto hears / feels, could be spot-on, but for different reasons than what's rumored.

Last edited:
While I do believe the rumor is bs, I do and have always thought once mr I passes the family will sell both franchises. Just my opinion. I have seen another rumor out there before though that Dan Gilbert would love to buy the Tigers if the Illitch's ever sell.

I've heard that Donald Sterling would be a potential bidder for the Red Wings.

Very few black people go to hockey games, so he would probably be able to keep out of trouble.

EDIT: If Sterling DOES buy the Wings, this guy is SO out:

1393454_218752624968923_1091995044_n.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard that Donald Sterling would be a potential bidder for the Red Wings.

Very few black people go to hockey games, so he would probably be able to keep out of trouble.

EDIT: If Sterling DOES buy the Wings, this guy is SO out:

1393454_218752624968923_1091995044_n.jpg

I think this is V Stiviano:

5lcism-l.jpg

Apparently, the guy is actually Tupac...so he's not going to be a problem...

Back