Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Offseason Deals and Rumors

The message is do the drugs till caught, (pay/do) the time and get the reward/money. Like the PED boys got back and most got received by there teams.

PEDs are added every offseason to the banned list. Many that players take are legal until added.

Then there's the occasional non-using ballplayer that got caught fencing the product for others. Those get suspended for not snitching on who the PEDs were dispensed to.

Last edited:
PED's did help some guys, but the big drop in offense came in when they switched the ball. We are back to a normal ball now. Some guys are still juicing, but they aren't hitting 50 home runs anymore.

The chemistry is ahead of the testing.

Speaking of, I just watched 'The Armstrong Lie' documentary the other night and it was pretty interesting to see the lengths they'd go to to gain an edge, how covert some cheats were, and how out in the open others were. There were a lot of parallels with the baseball steroid era. Lance Armstrong was pretty much the Barry Bonds of cycling. Very talented before cheating, but also very talented at cheating.

Speaking of, I just watched 'The Armstrong Lie' documentary the other night and it was pretty interesting to see the lengths they'd go to to gain an edge, how covert some cheats were, and how out in the open others were. There were a lot of parallels with the baseball steroid era. Lance Armstrong was pretty much the Barry Bonds of cycling. Very talented before cheating, but also very talented at cheating.

Cycling is worst than baseball..by far. They all cheat..

Maddon wants due compensation. So that limits the teams who will pursue him and the Tigers should be one of them, like when Sparky Anderson became available.

"Sorry, Brad Aus-Moss, but we are making a change."

Dodgers are probably already offering him more than the Tigers would be willing to spend.

Dodgers are probably already offering him more than the Tigers would be willing to spend.

Because the Tigers wont spend money right?

I mean forget that Miguel Cabrera has the single biggest contract ever in MLB for all players, and before last year the Tigers gave Justin Verlander the single biggest contract ever for a pitcher.

We are obviously far too frugal to offer anything for a manger right?

:ashamed: :nuts:

Not a good fit. He is a saber guy and the tigers are Stengel guys. I would love him but I just don't see it. Cubs is a good fit, young and up n coming team. If Matty starts out slow, I can see the Dodgers nabbing him. He lives in LA and they will pay him.

Last edited:
He opted out of his contract for a reason. That opt out was available when GM Andrew Friedman left. There is a reason Maddon had that as a condition in his contract. DD is NOT the type of GM Maddon would work for. And most don't believe he will manage in 2015. Maddon is a man of principles I bet he sits out 2015 and positions himself for whatever job is a best fit for 2016. Maybe the Dodgers. Maybe the Tigers. But unquestionably, he would be a highly sought after manager.

Last edited:
He opted out of his contract for a reason. That opt out was available when GM Andrew Friedman left. There is a reason Maddon had that as a condition in his contract. DD is NOT the type of GM Maddon would work for. And most don't believe he will manage in 2015. Maddon is a man of principles I bet he sits out 2015 and positions himself for whatever job is a best fit for 2016. Maybe the Dodgers. Maybe the Tigers. But unquestionably, he would be a highly sought after manager.
I agree.

The Cubs are loaded with great prospects ready to hit the show. He would be perfect as he has a proven track record with elite prospects. Cubs are gonna be real good in a couple of years. Additionally, their GM is all about sabermetrics.

What about the A's. Melvin can't seem to get over the hump?

I could see Gardenhire going to the Cubs. I think Maddon goes to a team on the verge of firing their manager.

Because the Tigers wont spend money right?

I mean forget that Miguel Cabrera has the single biggest contract ever in MLB for all players, and before last year the Tigers gave Justin Verlander the single biggest contract ever for a pitcher.

We are obviously far too frugal to offer anything for a manger right?

:ashamed: :nuts:

Well you have a point...they are willing to spend money foolishly. Of course, the Dodgers are as well and they have a lot more to spend. Probably the last team you want to get into a bidding war with.

My question is this....if you were Madden where would you rather go? The Tigers are on a downward trend with an owner with one foot in the grave or to L.A.?

Well you have a point...they are willing to spend money foolishly. Of course, the Dodgers are as well and they have a lot more to spend. Probably the last team you want to get into a bidding war with.

My question is this....if you were Madden where would you rather go? The Tigers are on a downward trend with an owner with one foot in the grave or to L.A.?

Additionally, he already has experience working with Friedman.

I said it then, when Houston was shopping Pence, Tigers should have tried to get him. Yea he has funning interviews, takes strange paths to the ball. Swings at anything. But in the end gets the job done. Where would the Giants be without him? Where would the Tigers be with him!

I said it then, when Houston was shopping Pence, Tigers should have tried to get him. Yea he has funning interviews, takes strange paths to the ball. Swings at anything. But in the end gets the job done. Where would the Giants be without him? Where would the Tigers be with him!

Sandoval is just as valuable. Great leader, clutch performer.

Sandoval will cost too much IMO. I like his play but the Tigers need a center fielder! And money or the bench, Bull Pen, DH, Starter, Right Fielder. Go spending for a 3rd baseman, with all those holes to fill. Ever body would have to eat two, three, four pizza a night to even come close to paying for all that.

Would the Panda head fans come with him?

Last edited:
Back