Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

White Sox @ Tigers 6-27-15 Game #75

manchild98

TIGERS (38-36):

Davis CF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
Cespedes LF
JD RF
Castellanos 3B
McCann C
Iggy SS

Ryan P Season: 1-1, 4.56 era (1.35 whip), Lifetime against the White Sox 1-0, 1.38

White Sox (32-41):

Eaton CF
Abreu 1B
Garcia RF
LaRoche DH
Cabrera LF
Ramirez SS
Beckham 3B
Flowers C
Bonafacio 2B

Danks P Season: 3-8, 5.38 era (1.48 whip), Lifetime against the Tigers 6-11, 5.27

We finally won a game when we didn?t score first! I?ve been waiting a long time to update this stat?.Tigers are now 5-25 when they don?t score first. They will face their 3rd straight lefty in this series. Tigers are 12-7 against lefties and the Sox are 4-9.

Will the rain wash this one away?

Ryan is making his 4th start of the year and 2nd home start. Ryan got a no decision against the Sox on June 5th. He went 7 innings and gave up 3 hits and 2 runs in a 4-3 loss. His 7 innings, 98 pitches and 4 strike outs were all career highs.

Danks is having a rough year and has struggled both at home (5.00 era) and the road (5.68 era). His daytime era is one of his few decent stats 3.89 in 6 starts. Righties are hitting .321 with a .932 ops this season. He?s 0-4 in June with a 6.85 era. Danks lost his only start against the Tigers this year on June 6th and gave up 11 hits and 5 runs in 4.2 innings.

Tiger batters are a combined 69 for 241 (.286) with 11 home runs and a .835 ops against Danks. Kinsler is hitting .331 with 4 home runs against him. Castellanos is 4 for 9. Miggy is hitting .261 and VMart .196 against him. JD has hit 9 home runs with 19 rbi?s in his last 12 games (.347) and has reached base in a career high 19 straight games. JD is 2 for 8 with a home run against Danks.

Sox batters are hitting a combined .200 (8 for 40) with a .581 ops against Ryan. Garcia has the only home run against him. Eaton will try and hit a lead off homer for the 3rd straight game. That feat was last achieved by Brady Anderson in 1996. He is 1 for 6 against Ryan.

Verlander will throw a bullpen session today and hopes to start on Tuesday.

The game is in danger of being rained out. The forecast calls for several inches of rain in Detroit on Saturday and cool temps in the mid 60?s. If the game is rained out both teams happen to have an off day this Monday, June 29th.

The Tigers and White Sox have a mutual off day Monday, which would've made it a good day to make up Saturday's rainout, right?

Not for Miguel Cabrera.

As it turns out, Cabrera is scheduled to host the seventh annual 'Keeping Kids in the Game' on Monday -- an event near and dear to the two-time AL MVP. Making things more complicated is that the sold-out event is being held at Comerica Park. The event is from 7-11 pm.

The solution? The Tigers and White Sox elected to reschedule Saturday's rainout for Monday, Sept. 21 as part of a day-night double header in Detroit.

The first game will be scheduled for 1:08 p.m., and the second is set for 7:08 p.m. Both games will be televised on FOX Sports Detroit.

Last edited:
Ok why did they not just have a double header tomorrow instead of making it up in sep both teams have Monday off I believe

Makes no sense to me

Maybe its a travel day? Not sure your guess is as good as mine. We never know what those guys in the front office are thinking - we can only speculate.

Ok why did they not just have a double header tomorrow instead of making it up in sep both teams have Monday off I believe

Makes no sense to me

Yeah it makes sense.

It's not like a Farmer's Market - which itself takes an amount of planning.

Public safety, traffic control and concessions - just off the top of the head - are crap that can't just be thrown together overnight.

Love driving down to Detroit with my college friends to find out the game is postponed as we pull off at Madison Ave exit. Oh well, still bar hopped in downtown and made the best of it.

Yeah it makes sense.

It's not like a Farmer's Market - which itself takes an amount of planning.

Public safety, traffic control and concessions - just off the top of the head - are crap that can't just be thrown together overnight.

Neither team plays Monday, Tigers stay on a home stand Tuesday Chicago travels to St. Louis for a series starting Tuesday seems like it would have been easier to just play two today that's just my opinion though, but yeah prolly doesn't maximize the Econ impact though so sep it is

Last edited:
Back