Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stupid Tigers Trade Porcello for Cespedes + trade Suarez for Simple Simon from reds

He was horrible in Boston last year. Only way I'll be okay with this if he hits like his rookie year..

Cespool isn't even a Top 50 outfielder and does not solve any issue DET has (lefthanded bat and top of the order hitter). This is a garbage deal no matter how one spins it.

Last year. Infact .714 while in Boston. I don't count his rookie year because he's been going downhill..

Exactly. His first year has been his best. Why? Because scouting has seen him and Major League pitchers know how to get him out.

His defense is graded as above average only because of his strong arm. He doesn't get to a lot of balls and occasionally takes the wrong route.

DD fucked us again..Two starters we should have never traded, Fister and RP.

Porcello just had the best year of his career at only age 25....really hope Cespedes can be good, but it does feel like we let another more valuable asset go.

Bailey is owed a lot of money and the reds are in cost cutting mode

And I'm not sure I can consider 22-23 home runs as a power hitter..it's always a big power hitter, no. Walk rate is low and he k's too much. Desperate?

Tigers trade for Simon. Now I hate this even more. Makes more sense to keep Porcello and sign a OF bat. I'll take Rick and Rasmus over Simon and Cespedes

Cespedes sucks, it just goes to show how overrated RBI's are as a stat

Of course the caption on ESPN: The Tigers added a big bat, sending starter Rick Porcello to the Red Sox for Yoenis Cespedes..

How is he a big bat?

What did we give up for Simon? BTW I don't care that he was an all star last year, Porcello is 10 years younger and way more upside. Hating this move greatly.

I pray to God that is a joke....Suarez and a good pitching prospect for this guy? Unfuckingreal

Back