Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2015 Tigers and Major League Draft

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/121222990/2015-draft-order
2015 Draft order.

The 2015 First-Year Player Draft will take place on June 8-10 and will be broadcast on MLB Network and MLB.com.

Day 1:
June 8 - Round 1 through Competitive Balance Round B
7 p.m. ET - Live on MLB Network and MLB.com (pre-Draft show starts at 6 p.m. ET)
Day 2:
June 9 - Round 3-10
1 p.m. ET - Live on MLB.com (pre-Draft show starts at 12:30 p.m. ET)
Day 3:
June 10 - Round 11-40
Noon ET - Live on MLB.com

Tigers draft:
#22 1st Round
#34 Compensation Pick for losing Scherzer.
#65 2nd Round
#99 3rd Round

Rounds 4-40
Arizona Diamondbacks
Colorado Rockies
Texas Rangers
Houston Astros
Minnesota Twins
Boston Red Sox
Chicago White Sox
Chicago Cubs
Philadelphia Phillies
Cincinnati Reds
Miami Marlins
San Diego Padres
Tampa Bay Rays
New York Mets
Atlanta Braves
Milwaukee Brewers
Toronto Blue Jays
New York Yankees
Cleveland Indians
Seattle Mariners
San Francisco Giants
Pittsburgh Pirates
Oakland Athletics
Kansas City Royals
Detroit Tigers **********
St. Louis Cardinals
Los Angeles Dodgers
Baltimore Orioles
Washington Nationals
Los Angeles Angels

With their 1st pick in the 2015 Draft...the Detroit Tigers take Amari Cooper, WR, from Alabama.

Hard to get excited about a Tigers draft when they'll most likely never make it to Detroit before being traded.

Hard to get excited about a Tigers draft when they'll most likely never make it to Detroit before being traded.

Or they will be rushed up so fast their development will be stunted.

I just wish they take the best player when it is their turn, regardless of position or type. With it taking 3-5 years to make it to the "bigs", you cannot "target" an specific area of need. What you need now, isn't necessarily what you need 3-5 years from now.

DD tends to draft power pitchers because he deems them a constant and that he can always trade them for other "needs". Just look at the organization now and tell me how well that is working.

Last edited:
I am actually hoping they take a Kirk Gibson-type player.

Lefthanded power bat, that can draw a walk and has speed.

Also one who stays healthy during his football days but injured often as a MLB player. But I wouldn't mind that either..Gibson was one good player. And someone who could be a team leader we need..

Kirk Gibson, Deon Sanders, Bo Jackson, Brian Jordan and Frank Thomas were MLB players that played college football.

Kirk Gibson, Deon Sanders, Bo Jackson, Brian Jordan and Frank Thomas were MLB players that played college football.

I know. Just remarking how Gibson never got hurt playing football but as a baseball player it happened quite a bit.

I know. Just remarking how Gibson never got hurt playing football but as a baseball player it happened quite a bit.

Yes, but so did all the other ex-college football players that played MLB. Yet, they were All Stars or top notch MLB players.

Or they will be rushed up so fast their development will be stunted.
From 2006 - 2015 D.D. Strategy has worked. Right now we r starting to feel the effects. But for a decade we have experienced the golden age of Tiger baseball. Although 2 World Series wins would have been nice.

From 2006 - 2015 D.D. Strategy has worked. Right now we r starting to feel the effects. But for a decade we have experienced the golden age of Tiger baseball. Although 2 World Series wins would have been nice.

Hasn't worked at all or else we have some nice young prospects. He can trade well, even for some of our not so good prospects. But position players who did he draft that's worth a shit, and I understand we have either higher 1st round picks or no picks. Grandy? Anyone else?

Where are those 10 ML arms he said we had down below?

10 years of solid baseball was nice so I give him credit for that..but with the money MI gives him a WS should have happened.

Why not go back to 2002? DD took over after the first 6 games in 2002 and was in charge when we drafted in 2002.

Back