Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2015 Tigers and Major League Draft

Off topic: Looking forward to this offseason for the Pistons. We could sign a big time free agent, and then match any offer Jackson gets. Plus, pick #8 in the draft is decent.

BOS

55. J. Lester (P, HS)

17. D. Murphy (OF, 4-YR)
32. M. Murton (OF, 4-YR)
49. A. Alvarez (P, 4-YR)
54. M. Hall (OF, HS)

NA

23. J. Ellsbury (OF, 4-YR)
26. C. Hansen (P, 4-YR)
42. C. Buchholz (P, JC)
45. J. Lowrie (2B, 4-YR)
47. M. Bowden (P, HS)
57. J. Egan (C, HS)

27. J. Place (OF, HS)
28. D. Bard (P, 4-YR)
40. K. Johnson (P, 4-YR)
44. C. Clay (P, HS)

55. N. Hagadone (P, 4-YR)

30. C. Kelly (SS, HS)
45. B. Price (P, 4-YR)

28. R. Fuentes (OF, HS)

20. K. Vitek (2B, 4-YR)
36. B. Brentz (OF, 4-YR)
39. A. Ranaudo (P, 4-YR)
57. B. Workman (P, 4-YR)

19. M. Barnes (P, 4-YR)
26. J. Swihart (C, HS)
36. H. Owens (P, HS)
40. J. Bradley (OF, 4-YR)

24. D. Marrero (SS, 4-YR)
31. B. Johnson (P, 4-YR)
37. P. Light (P, 4-YR)

7. T. Ball (P, HS)
45. T. Stankiewicz (P, JC)

26. M. Chavis (SS, HS)
33. M. Kopech (P, HS)

34 Picks

19 Pitchers

15 Positional

13 High Schoolers

what's the deal with Daz Cameron OF? He's been the best available for quite awhile.

from one of the previous links posted;

Beau Burrows fits the Texas stereotype as a hard-throwing, right-handed arm. The area where he does not fit the mold is his size. He is only 6?1?and his secondary pitches project to be average at best. There are some concerns that long term he might be a bullpen arm. I do like that he manages to work the ball low in the strike-zone and repeats his delivery well. His height will be the reason he ends up going a bit lower than he should on draft day.

Yep. Wasted our fucking top pick on a fucking potential reliever, who's still 5 years away from the big leagues. Dumb shits.

Not gonna lie, I don't know who any of these kids are.

96 mph for an 18 year old is pretty impressive. Other than that who the fuck knows lol

96 is good,but it won't last long. He's only 6'1", so he's needs to put a lot of effort into it to get that 96. Which is why he'll need to be a reliever.

96 is good,but it won't last long. He's only 6'1", so he's needs to put a lot of effort into it to get that 96. Which is why he'll need to be a reliever.

I was 6'1 at 18. I'm 6'5 now. Besides, even if he doesn't grow it doesn't mean he won't stay a starter. Not developing his secondary pitchers will be the reason he'd end up in the pen. IMO

I hate drafting High school kids.. Oh well only time will tell but our track record is not that stellar. What is he goes off to college instead of signing with us?

For sure I would take .270 and 20+ homers per season... Hope he can deliver it..

Back