Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Indians @ Tigers 6-13-14 Game #62

STREAKS AND STATS:

Rajai Davis' triple was his sixth of the season, which leads Major League Baseball. Phillies' Ben Revere and Royals' Paulo Orlando are tied for second, with five apiece.

Justin Verlander gave up his first home run of the 2015 season to Carlos Santana in the fourth, a solo shot to right. It was the sixth home run Verlander has given up to Santana, and only Jim Thome has more home runs off Verlander, with seven.

After his caught stealing in the second, Jose Iglesias successfully stole second in the fourth after being hit by a pitch, his eighth of the season.

Iglesias finished with two hits and a hit by pitch, giving him 13 multi-hit games this season.

The sellout crowd of 41,620 at Comerica Parked marked the highest attendance since Opening Day.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?game_pk=414572&tagName=More From This Game
Webvideo Highlights and lowlights from the game.

Last edited:
I'm not happy that we blew a 3-1 lead at home but the only thing I really needed to see today was JV not get crushed out there.

this team is in need of a 3rd basemen,I've seen enough of Castellanos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a chance but came up short. Not a good start by JV...bull pen sucked.

I am thinking of calling you Mr. Negativity.
How can you say Verlander didn't have a good start? He hasn't pitched in a ML game since the end of last year. Everything else has been spring training, bullpen sessions, the DL, and two starts at Toledo.
Oh I forgot, in your eyes and mind because he is making 28 Million a year he needs to throw no-hitters every start or at least a CG shutout.

This was yet another frustrating loss.. To many LOB's and My god JD runners on first and third one out you have one damn job which is to drive the ball and you fuck it up and swing at the first pitch. God DD go find a damn LHB you put in behind Miggy...

Last edited:
I am thinking of calling you Mr. Negativity.
How can you say Verlander didn't have a good start? He hasn't pitched in a ML game since the end of last year. Everything else has been spring training, bullpen sessions, the DL, and two starts at Toledo.
Oh I forgot, in your eyes and mind because he is making 28 Million a year he needs to throw no-hitters every start or at least a CG shutout.

not at all. I watched the game. Although he only allowed 3 hits and 2 runs he only went 5 innings and he was bailed out by his defense (Gose robbed triple and another double robbed by JD). He had very few swings and misses & poor command. The result (3 hits and 2 runs in five innings) was fine but his actual performance was not good IMO.

not at all. I watched the game. Although he only allowed 3 hits and 2 runs he only went 5 innings and he was bailed out by his defense (Gose robbed triple and another double robbed by JD). He had very few swings and misses & poor command. The result (3 hits and 2 runs in five innings) was fine but his actual performance was not good IMO.

read my post again.....you are completely ignoring why his line was what you just posted. It's his first friggin' real game since 2014. What do you want his first game back from injury and the DL.
If Verlander is pitching like last year by September, then you have every reason to be disappointed in him. In the mean time he needs to find his command as he throws harder, and get his stamina back, where he labored after the 5 innings and 87 pitches which was in line with what they were going to cap him at, 85 to 90.

Last edited:
read my post again.....you are completely ignoring why his line was what you just posted. It's his first friggin' real game since 2014. What do you want his first game back from injury and the DL.
If Verlander is pitching like last year by September, then you have every reason to be disappointed in him. In the mean time he needs to find his command as he throws harder, and get his stamina back, where he labored after the 5 innings and 87 pitches which was in line with what they were going to cap him at, 85 to 90.

I understand all of that...I just don't think it was a good game.

Also noted,We might be near the top in SBes, but our caught stealing is terrible.

leading the AL in cs, 2nd in the sb's with 49 Tigers have run into 26 CS outs!
GDP lead the AL with 65 10 ahead don't see any catching them soon!

Back