Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Reds @ Tigers 6-16-15 Game #65

manchild98

TIGERS (34-30):

Gose CF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
Cespedes LF
JD RF
Collins DH
Castellanos 3B
McCann C
Iggy SS

Ryan P Season: 1-0, 2.08 era (1.23 whip), Never faced the Reds

Reds (28-35):

Phillips 2B
DeJesus LF
Votto 1B
Frazier 3B
Bruce DH
Pena C
Dominguez RF
Hamilton CF
Negron SS

Lorenzen P Season: 1-2, 4.01 era (1.23 whip), Never faced the Tigers

Tonight is the battle of the 23 year old pitchers. Will the Reds continue to struggle on the road, in interleague play and in AL parks? Can Ryan keep the recent stretch of great starting pitching going? Tiger starters have a 1.46 era in their last 8 games. The offense is hitting .365 and averaging 5.5 runs per game during that stretch.

Ryan is making his 2nd start of the season and is coming off a no decision against the White Sox. He gave up 3 hits and 2 runs in 7 innings of work.

Lorenzen is making his 8th start this season and he?s looking to rebound from his shortest start of the season where he gave up 5 hits (2 homers) and 6 runs in 4 1/3 innings against the Cubs.

Miggy is leading the AL in batting average at .344, 2nd in rbi?s with 47 and tied for 3rd in home runs with 14. He leads the AL in OBP by a country mile at .444 (next is Kipnis at .409). He?s 1st in SLG at .595 and 1st in OPS at 1.039. Basically, he?s being Miggy.

JD has a current 9 game hitting streak and 3 game home run streak. He has hit .353 (12 for 34) with two doubles, four home runs and 12 RBIs over those 9 games.

Cespedes also extended his hitting streak to 8 games. In his last eight games, Cespedes has .457 (16 for 35) with nine runs scored, two doubles, two home runs and six RBIs.

VMart was 2 for 4 with an rbi in his 2nd rehab game for Toledo. All 4 at bats came from the left side of the plate. In 2 rehab appearances he is 3 for 8 with 2 rbi?s.

Weather should be perfect tonight...around 74 degrees and no rain.

Gose with a leadoff double, Kinsler sac fly and somehow teams are still pitching to Miggy who singles and makes it 1-0.

Just am shocked they are still playing Miggy to pull, he's a career .320 hitter, that was easy for him, like batting practice.

Tigers Gameday....Gose with his 16th multi-hit game of the season which is a career high.

Kinsler has made 2 outs but he's also seen 16 pitches in those 2 at bats.

Tigers getting shutdown by a scrub again... Who walks a bunch per game?

Why the hell is freaking Gose running home anyway.. Ball beat him by fucking 10 feet...

Cespedes gets us a 2 out hit and ties the game 2-2. 9 game hit streak for him.

Last edited:
No reason Gose should be trying for home... Ball beat him so badly..

I.m here to tell you! An out at home on an infield hit by a runner on second has got to be the most unbelievable thing I've heard of in some time.
All most as bad as Willie McCovey getting thrown out at first by the right fielder back hum let me think 1971,72 well it's been some time!

I.m here to tell you! An out at home on an infield hit by a runner on second has got to be the most unbelievable thing I've heard of in some time.
All most as bad as Willie McCovey getting thrown out at first by the right fielder back hum let me think 1971,72 well it's been some time!

It was a stupid decision. But the umps and replay got the call wrong. He was safe because of the horrible tag.

Back