Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Yankees 6-19-15 Game #67

Crazy.....

The guy who caught the 3,000 hit and home run tonight (Zach Hample) has caught 8,000 baseball in stadiums. He wrote a book in 1999 about catching baseballs. He caught Trout's 1st homer. He caught Bonds 724th. Someone had tweeted yesterday what if you caught ARod's 3,000. He had replied I'd give him a dummy ball and the finger.

After the Red sox fan who caught Rodriguez's Willie Mays-tying home run refused to just hand it back to the slugger, the Yankees season ticket holder who snatched Rodirguez's 3,000th career hit Friday ? a solo bomb ? doesn't want to simply give it to him, either.

No, Zack Hample, 37, of New York City, sounded like he wants to cash in on A-Rod's milestone.

"My intention all along, I've been imagining this scenario as a 1-in-a-million, was not to give it back," Hample said. "You know, just because the guy who got Jeter's 3,000th hit, a lot of people called him an idiot. A lot of people said that he was a wonderful person and extremely generous. And I really think that, whatever you want to do with it is your choice."

He added, "I think that someone like Derek Jeter or Alex Rodriguez, who has made half a billion dollar in his career, doesn't really need a favor from a normal civilian and a fan like me. I don't know right now if I'm going to sell it. I mean, depending on what the Yankees could offer, I would consider giving it back. I'm not giving it back for ? I don't plan to give it back for a chance to meet him and full autographed bats because I don't collect bats, I collect baseballs. Just having this ball is so meaningful to me. I can't believe that I got it."

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2015/06/yankees_fan_wont_just_give_back_alex_rodriguezs_30.html

Honestly, how much money could this ball possibly fetch? I wouldn't think very much at all.

I'm really sick of all the base running mistakes. Kinsler out at home.

Catcher blocking the path to the plate?

These rules are always changing depending on the ump crew.

Catcher blocking the path to the plate?

These rules are always changing depending on the ump crew.

I don't think they would have been able to call that blocking the plate. He basically just leaped up to catch the ball and reached down to tag him right away.

When your team is playing like crap rules like do not make the first out of a inning at third or at home apply.. This team is just a bunch of stupid... You have to make sure if your Kinsler your going to make it home.. At least I think there was zero outs... Back to the bonfire... Tigers are are Joke right now.. They better wake the heck up...

Last edited:
I haven't sworn at a Tigers player this much since the days of Cringe and Shinebox.

F'n Clownshoes is a complete hack with absolutely no pitch recognition. Can he not see the spin of the pitched ball and know it's another slider down and away?

JV back out for the 7th. At 99 pitches. I guess they want to push him a bit and see how the arm responds.

I haven't sworn at a Tigers player this much since the days of Cringe and Shinebox.

F'n Clownshoes is a complete hack with absolutely no pitch recognition. Can he not see the spin of the pitched ball and know it's another slider down and away?

I tend to give him a break...he is only 23 and in WAY over his head because of Tigers mis-management.

Stop kicking the ball JV! Would have been a DP. First one would have been an out as well.

Back