Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Yankees 6-20-15 Game #68

manchild98

TIGERS (34-33):

Gose CF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
Cespedes LF
JD RF
McCann C
Romine 3B
Iggy SS

Simon P Season: 7-3, 2.58 era (1.16 whip), Lifetime against the Yanks 1-3, 4.31 era

Yankees (37-30):

Gardner LF
Headley 3B
Rodriguez DH
Teixeira 1B
McCann C
Beltran RF
Gregorius SS
Drew 2B
Young CF

Eovaldi P Season: 5-2, 5.12 era (1.65 whip), Lifetime against the Tigers 1-0, 1.38 era

Tigers are looking to avoid another 4 game losing streak and falling to a .500 record on the season. Yankees have won 10 of their last 11 games at home. Yankees are batting .308 and averaging 6.6 runs per game during that stretch. Detroit starters have a 4.74 ERA during a 2-7 road stretch.

Simon is 3-2 with a 1.80 ERA in his last six starts. He has a 3.68 road era this season. He struck out seven in 7 1/3 innings of a 2-1 home victory over New York on April 20. Simon has allowed 5 home runs this year. 4 of them were surrendered to left handed batters.

Eovaldi is 3-0 with a 3.89 era in 6 home starts but must bounce back after allowing eight runs and nine hits in a career-low two-thirds of an inning during Tuesday's 12-2 loss at Miami. The Tigers may be a welcome sight for him. He gave up 1 run in 7+ innings in a 5-2 victory against Detroit on April 21st. He?s only given up 2 earned runs over 13 innings against the Tigers in 2 career starts. He?ll be pitching on 3 days rest.

Tiger hitters are a combined 13 for 41 (.317) with 3 doubles against Eovaldi. Castellanos is in the midst of a 7 for 46 (.152) slump so he gets the night off.

Yankee hitters are a combined 26 for 90 against Simon (.289). ARod is 0 for 7 career against Simon. Teixeira is 7 for 17 with 2 homers against Simon.

Saturday is the 69th annual Old-Timers' Day at Yankee Stadium. A roster of around 50 former Yankees, including Yogi Berra, Reggie Jackson and Joe Torre, will be honored before taking the field at 4 p.m. ET for the Old-Timers' Game. The Yankees will also unveil a plaque to honor former second baseman Willie Randolph, who played in five All-Star Games and won two World Series during his 13-year tenure with the team.

Tonight's forecast in New York calls for cloudy skies and temps around 69 degrees around first pitch. There's a 20 percent chance for rain around 7 p.m.

One game above .500 67 games in is....not very impressive

Wouldn't mind seeing them just going ahead and start to clean house now rather than later, I'm convinced this year is already lost. I am now only watching to see miggy hit and iggy make great plays that's really the only reason to watch these guys...oh and victor too when healthy if he comes around I'll enjoy watching him hit as well, he is so locked in up there most of the time when heathy it's a such wonderful professional thing to see. I wonder if he'd make a good player / hitting coach?

Anyway whatever 3rd base should be a top priority for next year now, Nick is slow and only going to get slower he's not hitting for jack crap, can't lay off outside and low for the life of him, I don't like his swing it always looks like he's trying to hit foul balls into the right side stands can the Tigers realistically trade him and get something decent in return I would hope so he's still young right surely some of team would make a good offer if they shopped him around?

I like Romine at 3rd,better glove and bat.

Better option than Nick for sure but not an ideal long term solution IMO, lettuce has no power you want the 3b spot to have at least some power, lettuce is a good backup utility infielder

Last edited:
Easy 1-2-3 first for eovaldi

Eovaldi just another ave pitcher the Tigers can't figure out

Had him out at home but the ball hits the runner in the helmet and bounces away runner to second on the play

Spanks up 1-0 again already tigers don't catch many breaks do they

Last edited:
Idk how that ball JD hit did not get out, it's like something came along and flattened it out...

McCann has been a bit zone expansion lately bad habits rubbing off on him now too..

So MLB ave runs per game so far this years sites around 4.12..the Tigers have scored less than the league ave in 50% of their games this year..blehhh just not going to get it done Dave..bust it all up start over

Park is such a freaking band box yet our guys can't do anything with it

314 ft down the right field line gessh fresking softball dimensions there, you'd think some of our guys and there often going the other way approach could just hit some cans of corn to right field

Last edited:
What's our record when we don't score first....something like 4-20something?

Simon is visibly flustered as he's not getting close calls and this is about to get away already

I've got 4 hard hit balls through 3 right at people and nothing to show for it, team has a hard enough time as it is scoring runs now they can't find any holes or gaps either. I believe all 4 hit to the left or left center as well when the short porch is to the right

And another home run for the spanks 4-0

Last edited:
Every inning a huge struggle for Simon let's wait till its 7-0 before pulling him

Simon sucked tonight, not good, not good at all, the only thing worse might be that there has been no offense again

And blow out in progress

Not sure why you bring in Krol to face a right hander and not the hitter before with two outs oh that's because Krol wasn't up yet even though Simon had sucked all night..brad needs to be fired all this learning on the job crap is getting old

Last edited:
Ok offense just hack away now make it quick get the night over as quickly as possible

Turned it on and we are losing already.. Turned it to a different channel.. Why bother with this team the way the are competing...

it is joke That arod was not banned from baseball. I would not doubt he is juicing again..

Krol a super great DD pick-up ;)

Last edited:
Excellent good job kinsler nice three pitch hackathon perfect

Swing away miggy 3 pitches three swings smash it into the ground awesome job miggy

Awww hell victor no point in grinding tonight let it rip he's pitching with an 8-0 lead just swing at everything guys, there ya go perfect three up three down easy as pie rollover ground ball offense...

Outstanding approach guys

Last edited:
6 home runs in the series so far for the spanks in...good,gaawd its only the 4th inning still..13 innings of baseball

Tigers nothing, zilch..hell its a small miracle when the Tigers just manage to get a ball out of the infield

Last edited:
Back