Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Indians 6-24-15 Game # 72

manchild98

TIGERS (37-34):

Davis CF
Kinsler 2B
VMart DH
Cespedes LF
JD RF
Castellanos 3B
Romine 1B
Holaday C
Iggy SS

Farmer P Season: 0-1, 12.60 era (2.00 whip), Never faced the Indians

Indians (32-38):

Kipnis 2B
Lindor SS
Brantley LF
Murphy DH
Santana 1B
Moss RF
Gomes C
Bourn CF
Urshela 3B

Carrasco P Season: 8-6, 4.35 era (1.26 whip), Lifetime against the Tigers 3-6, 6.93

Tigers go for the sweep without Miggy in the line up. Tigers are now 9-2 against the Tribe this season. Tigers are 20-5 at Progressive Field over the past 3 seasons. The Indians have dropped 11 of their last 16 home games. Tigers are 33-11 when they score first; 4-23 when they don’t.

Farmer gets the spot start because JV has been experiencing “mid-back stiffness” since the 4th inning of his last start at Yankee stadium. Farmer is making just his 4th career start and 2nd start this season. He allowed seven runs and nine hits in five-plus innings of a 12-2 loss to the Los Angeles Angels in his only outing this season back on May 28.

Carrasco picked up the 5-4 win against JV and the Tigers back on June 13th. He went 5 2/3 innings and gave up 7 hits and 3 runs while striking out 8. He’s been better on the road than at home. His home era is 5.06 in 7 starts and his day era is 5.70 in 5 starts. Carrasco ranks sixth in the American League with 90 strikeouts. He has issued just 18 walks in 80 2/3 innings.

Tiger batters are hitting a combined .324 (44 for 136) against Carrasco, but he’s only given up 2 home runs (Miggy and JD). Kinsler, Miggy, VMart, Cespedes, JD, Iggy and Rajai are all hitting .318 or better against him.

The Indians have never faced Farmer. Kipnis is now leading the AL in average (.354 to Miggy’s .351) after his 4 hit night yesterday. He has a 27 game hit streak….just 4 shy of tying the club’s all time record.

Ian Krol was optioned to Triple A Toledo to make room for Farmer.

Today's forecast in Cleveland calls for partly sunny skies and temps around 71 degrees around first pitch. There's a zero percent chance for rain around noon.

Last edited:
CLEVELAND -- There is never a good day to give Miguel Cabrera a day off. So Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus figured Wednesday was as good a day as any.

Cabrera will not start Wednesday afternoon in the series finale against the Cleveland Indians. He has started 70 of the first 71 games this season.

"It's just a day off," Ausmus said. "Even Superman needs a day off."

The short turnaround between the game Tuesday night and the 12:10 p.m. game Wednesday played a factor, Ausmus said.

"Twelve o'clock game after a night game," he said. "I know people will say, 'How can you give Miggy a day off?' But if you get through 162 games and he doesn't have any days off, they'll also say, 'How can you not give Miggy a day off? He looks tired.' So he's got a day off."

Cabrera is hitting .375 (9 for 24) with a double, a home run and six strikeouts against Indians right-hander Carlos Carrasco, who is starting today. He is batting .619 (26 for 42) with five home runs, 16 RBIs and a 1.697 OPS against the Indians this season.

Ausmus was asked whether, based on those numbers, he considered waiting one more day to give Cabrera a rest.

"It's just the timing," he said. "It's a twelve o'clock game. There's not many pitchers I look at the stat sheet and go, 'Well, Miggy doesn't hit him.' I think David Price is the one he doesn't hit and he's on his team.

"You never want Miggy out of the lineup, but you've got to have a little bit of vision."

I don't like that at all, you got Buck Farmer pitching today whom will likely need as much run support as he can get and you give your best hitter the day off.

Last edited:
I'll take Leyland's Sunday lineup over Ausmus' lineups any day.

Farmer k's 4 in a row now after walking 2 in the first inning. Romine doubles. Romine needs to stay in the line up for now...ride this hot streak out.

Romine steals 3rd..still no outs. Holaday k's. Iggy walks. Rajai DP.

0-2 hits and
FAILURE TO SCORE WITH Runners on third less then two outs

ARE
ENOUGH
TO MAKE
ME WANT
TO BREAK MY
TV.

Just awful at bats by Holiday and Davis.

Last edited:
Did it seem to anybody else that Miggy might have gotten up a little gingerly after sliding into home last night?

Farmer struck out 5 straight before the Kipnis single. 5 k's in a game is also his career high. If we become sellers let's just trade Price and whoever else for Kipnis.

my god we are the dumbest team on the planet...

0-2 pitch that WAS SO TERRIBLE..

So can we comeback and win our 5th game of the year when we DON'T score first?

Buck starting to lose it fast. 4 straight hits.. one dumb 0-2 pitch...

Really squandered a scoring op there in the third, when they have speed on 3rd and a speed guy at bat, they should really consider a bunt delayed squeeze more often IMO.

Last edited:
Our pitcher never seem to learn that when you are ahead 0-2 you have pitches to play with..

Rally squandered a scoring op there in the third, when they have speed on 3rd and a speed guy at bat, they should really consider a bunt delayed squeeze more often IMO.

Brad does not know how to do that. Guess its time to do something else..

Back