Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

White Sox @ Tigers 6-26-15 Game #74

manchild98

TIGERS (37-36):

Davis CF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
Cespedes LF
JD RF
Castellanos 3B
Holaday C
Iggy SS

Sanchez P Season: 6-7, 4.59 era (1.18 whip), Lifetime against the White Sox 2-5, 5.45

White Sox (32-40):

Eaton CF
Ramirez SS
Abreu 1B
LaRoche DH
Cabrera LF
Garcia RF
Gillaspie 3B
Flowers C
Sanchez 2B

Quintana P Season: 3-7, 3.92 era (1.35 whip), Lifetime against the Tigers 4-3, 4.26

Can we get back to .500 at home? Tigers are just 18-19 at home and have lost 9 of their last 13 at Comerica. Sox are 14-25 on the road. Tigers are 33-11 when they score first; 4-25 when they don?t. The White Sox have been outscored by a 61-20 margin in the first inning this season. The 61 runs allowed are most in baseball, while the 20 runs scored are the fewest.

Sanchez is looking to win his 4th decision in a row. In his last 3 games he?s pitched 23.2 innings, given up 15 hits (2 hr?s), 3 earned runs, 4 walks and 19 k?s. Sanchez has given up 15 home runs this season. He has never beaten the Sox at home. He?s lost all 5 home starts while posting an 8.20 era against them at Comerica. Tigers have averaged 6.15 runs per Sanchez?s starts this season.

Quintana has a 4.35 era and a 2-4 record in 7 road starts. His night era is 2.75. He?s won 3 of 4 starts in June and has only given up 9 runs (3.00) era during that stretch. He?s 0-2 with a 7.88 era against the Tigers in 3 starts this year. The Sox have only averaged 2.47 runs in his starts.

Tiger batters are a combined 64 for 194 (.330) and an .888 ops against Sanchez. Cespedes is 8 for 12 with 4 hr?s and 9 rbi?s. Miggy is 9 for 27, Rajai is 12 for 35 and VMart is 12 for 24. JD has hit 8 home runs in his last 11 games and has reached base in a career high 18 straight games, but he?s just 2 for 14 against Quintana.

Sox batters are hitting a combined .339 (58 for 171) and an .822 ops against Sanchez. Abreu is 5 for 8 with 1 hr and 5 rbi?s, Melky Cabrera is 14 for 27 and Soto is 5 for 10 with 2 doubles.

The forecast for Detroit calls for high temperatures around 71 degrees and a strong chance of rain throughout the day Friday.

I didn't see the post game interviews yesterday but it sounds like there was some general frustration expressed. Happy to hear that. Team needs to play with a little bit more emotion and focused energy. Hopefully that starts tonight and lasts longer than a day or two.

R U Kidding. Eaton with another lead off homer. 1-0.

Last edited:
Lead off home run for eaton again second straight game 4th pitch this time instead of the second...what are they 4-22 when not scoring first? Or is it 23...24 I lost count

Lost 9 of last 13 at home.. If they lose tonight fire Beautiful Brad.. He is clueless on how to manage a team..

Lead off home run for eaton again second straight game 4th pitch this time instead of the second...what are they 4-22 when not scoring first? Or is it 23...24 I lost count

4-25...we'll se if they can finally be 5-25.

Thats incredible

I'm assuming that's by far the worst in the majors

It has to be. It seems like an impossible statistic...especially since the team actually has and has had a wining record all year.

Abreu home run 2-1. 6th time this year Sanchez has given up multiple homers in a game. Given up 17 so far this year. Only Kyle Kendrick of the Rockies has allowed more.

Last edited:
Miggy doubles again. White Sox gameday says he was laughing and saying something to Abreu as he was rounding first.

Victor scored from 1st

And that's all I'm going to say about that

Last edited:
BTW Scherzer had a no hitter going into the 6th inning and gave up a 1 out double. He has 65 pitches thu 6 IP and has just given up the 1 hit. I know it's "just" the Phillies but this is just an incredible stretch of pitching.

Back