Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Abdullah Signs

Has Tomlinson signed yet? No updates on mLive for the past few days

Just a random concern that popped in my head this morning.

It looks like the Lions are committing resources to the run game. While I like the moves they've made, I also hope they don't feel justified in forcing the run game. Not to say that they should go into the old pass happy mode if it's not working, but take it game by game and ease off a heavier running approach if the results aren't there. With Abdullah's pass catching ability, they should have plenty of flexibility on offense, each major piece has their own advantage... They're capable of keeping defenses guessing. Wonderfully crafted offense on paper, they just need to execute.

It's a New Orleans rip off. Less volume passing, more effective passing.

Stafford = Brees
CJ = Colston
Y2E = Graham
Abdullah = Bush/Sproles
Bell = Thomas
Lance Moore = Lance Moore

We went so far with our Saints rip off we even got Lance Moore!

Stafford = Brees
CJ = Colston
Y2E = Graham
Abdullah = Bush/Sproles
Bell = Thomas

waiting for a negative nancy to remind you how much Stafford doesn't equal brees. I hate when those negative nancies derail sound discussion.

To grandys point theres a lot of chatter about focusing on the run game. Do you really do that with a small back like Abdullah? Sure the kids tough....but hes not going to be running guys over like he did in college and hes only 200 lbs soaking wet. Is Joquie Bell really going to be a focal point? Its nice coach speak....but your advantage is how many weapons you have in your pass game....as long as the oline can protect. Which by the way....is not as good as the oline NO had all those years Brees was putting up huge numbers.

Bell had 200 carries last year and will this year. Good second half of season (4.4 YPC). He's the workhorse in the 4th when we are up. And now he'll have the blocking.

Abdullah will get 150 carries and a good amount of targets in the passing game.

Stafford = Brees
CJ = Colston
Y2E = Graham
Abdullah = Bush/Sproles
Bell = Thomas

Tate shits on any #2 WR that I can recall New Orleans trotting out there.

Tate shits on any #2 WR that I can recall New Orleans trotting out there.

Brees shits on Stafford
CJ shits on Colston
Graham shits on Ebron
Bush/Sproles shit on Abdulah
Bell and Thomas are a wash
Lance Moore and Moore are a wash

Last edited:
Tate had 1300 and 4 last year. Moore had a couple comparable years at 900 and 10 and 1000 and 6.

Better numbers than I recalled, good for him. Hopefully he can recapture his youth this season.

Moore is the best #3 we have had here in years. It's his job to lose. Who steps up? I love what they have done this year. Bringing in guys that will play immediately if one of the young bucks can't step up. No more waiting bullshit...

Last edited:
Moore is the best #3 we have had here in years. It's his job to lose. Who steps up? I love what they have done this year. Bringing in guys that will play immediately if one of the young bucks can't step up. No more waiting bullshit...

Totally fine with that. ...really have no problem with the signing. At the least to see what he has left.

I thought MUN was the #3. Pulling all those defenders off CJ.

I thought MUN was the #3. Pulling all those defenders off CJ.

Your football IQ is cute. Moore is the #3 WR on this team. Never said he was the 3rd option. One of these days you guys will get it lol.

But you are right though. Ebron was supposed to make life a little easier for players like Tate and CJ. Obviously that didn't quite go as planned last year. Keep bitching about Ebron though...lol

Back