Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dirty Politics Exposed

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
And by REAL investigative journalism! Yes, you heard that right...real journalism is not dead. Check this video out. I can't say I'm shocked, but seeing the paid-for-politics on video is crazy. The cops at the end tell you all you need to know....

https://youtu.be/6MHYOB5uptc

The Georgia state legislature passed a bill for more open governance, then exempts itself from the provisions..aaahaha!! You just can't make this stuff up. I know that this is redstate rightwinger corruption, but it likely happens in many states, MI has become deep purple, despite most voting for Dem POTUSes much of the time.

Last edited:
The Georgia state legislature passed a bill for more open governance, then exempts itself from the provisions..aaahaha!! You just can't make this stuff up. I know that this is redstate rightwinger corruption, but it likely happens in many states, MI has become deep purple, despite most voting for Dem POTUSes much of the time.

I was just in awe of the sheriffs at the end. "Don't tell him nothing."

They had nothing on him to kick him out of the resort and the reporter had every right to stay there and also to know what was going on behind closed doors. Yet, they acted like he was trying to do an Ocean's 11 on the place

I was just in awe of the sheriffs at the end. "Don't tell him nothing."

They had nothing on him to kick him out of the resort and the reporter had every right to stay there and also to know what was going on behind closed doors. Yet, they acted like he was trying to do an Ocean's 11 on the place

Both the closeted lawmakers and their lobbyist cohorts holding a "privately financed" legislative session under the cover of the supposedly non-profit ALEC. Along with Sheriff deputies (who I presume were off-duty?) providing security. The legislators and deputies salaries being funded by tax-payers, including the investigative reporters & their news agency...go figure. Freedom of the press doesn't apply in this case?

Health insurance providers spent $500 mil in lobbying efforts during the writing of obamacare..You know the bill that was suppose to be debated on CSPAN. This is chump change

Last edited:
Health insurance providers spent $500 mil in lobbying efforts during the writing of obamacare..You know the bill that was suppose to be debated on CSPAN. This is chump change

Chump change. Wasn't $1000 chump change to you? Yet you still reneged on your bet with Elrod.

Pathetic.

I thought this was going to be about the hackers who exposed the Adult Friend Finder website members and some have released the names of government employees.

Shady deals in politics has been around so long that it was what inspired "the worlds oldest profession" into existence.

No bet was ever consumated, since you were not a party to it you are misinformed..

The same chicken-shit response.

We all saw it, and you can still google the fucking thread, and notice how every, single, person, who posted about it agrees it was a valid bet. If fact, even you yourself before the election night made mention of said wager.

P.S. Elrod should be charging interest, it was $1000 3 years ago.

The same chicken-shit response.

We all saw it, and you can still google the fucking thread, and notice how every, single, person, who posted about it agrees it was a valid bet. If fact, even you yourself before the election night made mention of said wager.

P.S. Elrod should be charging interest, it was $1000 3 years ago.

Don't care if you're stuck on this...

The problem(s) as I see it, is this bitterness from posters not forgetting and remembering everything from 3 years ago, which causes many to post what was reported by you.
As I see it, you have said you are well to do financially, you said iirc, the amount of the bet with Elrod was chump change. The bet was made on the DSF for all to see.
Your deciding not to honor the bet, that you say never happened, has caused many worse responses from many, including a couple from me in the past.
Your responses, have been baiting, dismissing, and continue to be a denial to ever making 'the bet'.

So as much as you would like, as much as some other posters might like, it doesn't seem to be going away....3 years later.
Part of the reason imo have been what come out as attempts from you to dismiss and laugh it off and to many posters 'in their faces' in your postings all this time, when brought up in response when you make a post to whatever forum you are making a post to, 'that the bet never took place'.

All this time, you have still stayed here and posted, taken the posts like the one(s) here you reported and stayed the same course, no bet, so no payment.

It is why I decided to write this out and attempt to see if I can persuade you to come to a settlement, you, a man who has posted he is successful, travels around to watch the Lions, etc. and has nice living arrangement, aka financially secure.
imo, This also is what is upsetting to this day, and brings out the postings that go back to the original 'bet' 3 years ago.

Tsmith, all you have to do is mail out a check to him, so all this will end.
No one knows anyones finances, just, everything posted by you that all here have read appears in ink that you could 'afford to end this'.

To anyone else, I am not looking for any responses from you as to one way or another,
such as good/dumb post, or he won't change anything. I am just trying to get a settlement and ending to all the hostility, warranted or not by whoever has read all from 3 years back to the present. Thanks.

I am just trying to get a settlement and ending to all the hostility, warranted or not by whoever has read all from 3 years back to the present. Thanks.

I think I contribute to this ending of hostility you're looking for. I did it by blocking tsmith. I think it's a fair suggestion to make: if you find that he doesn't add anything to the board, block him. It's an easy thing to do and I don't feel bad about it. If he can't look at the things he posted and feel that he made a wager he should honor, then we don't use words to mean the same thing to enough of a degree for it to be worth anyone's time for us to trade words on this board.

This is perfect. Rocky Mountain High goes all nuclear and TSmith gets the lecture!

The problem(s) as I see it, is this bitterness from posters not forgetting and remembering everything from 3 years ago, which causes many to post what was reported by you.
As I see it, you have said you are well to do financially, you said iirc, the amount of the bet with Elrod was chump change. The bet was made on the DSF for all to see.
Your deciding not to honor the bet, that you say never happened, has caused many worse responses from many, including a couple from me in the past.
Your responses, have been baiting, dismissing, and continue to be a denial to ever making 'the bet'.

So as much as you would like, as much as some other posters might like, it doesn't seem to be going away....3 years later.
Part of the reason imo have been what come out as attempts from you to dismiss and laugh it off and to many posters 'in their faces' in your postings all this time, when brought up in response when you make a post to whatever forum you are making a post to, 'that the bet never took place'.

All this time, you have still stayed here and posted, taken the posts like the one(s) here you reported and stayed the same course, no bet, so no payment.

It is why I decided to write this out and attempt to see if I can persuade you to come to a settlement, you, a man who has posted he is successful, travels around to watch the Lions, etc. and has nice living arrangement, aka financially secure.
imo, This also is what is upsetting to this day, and brings out the postings that go back to the original 'bet' 3 years ago.

Tsmith, all you have to do is mail out a check to him, so all this will end.
No one knows anyones finances, just, everything posted by you that all here have read appears in ink that you could 'afford to end this'.

To anyone else, I am not looking for any responses from you as to one way or another,
such as good/dumb post, or he won't change anything. I am just trying to get a settlement and ending to all the hostility, warranted or not by whoever has read all from 3 years back to the present. Thanks.

He had thrown the whole "wanna bet?" line out there at least a handful of times on various topics before elrod took him up on it.

that always bugged me... glad that BS strategy of his eventually blew up in his face.

He had thrown the whole "wanna bet?" line out there at least a handful of times on various topics before elrod took him up on it.

that always bugged me... glad that BS strategy of his eventually blew up in his face.

You seem to remember ever thing about that bet except one thing.....

What I actually don't get is that people think an internet message board that is open to public viewing (not that it matters to the government of course) is an appropriate place to wager money. IF tsmith paid up, was elrod willing to pay taxes on it (or vice versa had tsmith won the bet)? Since gambling via non-government regulated ways is illegal, were either able/willing to pay the fines or potential jail time if convicted?

Instead of recognizing these elements, the Mods never properly moderated the bet and shutdown the thread(s) regarding it. If the government wanted, they could use this as a point of issue and shut down the entire site as an illegal gambling site.

With this in mind, maybe everyone would be better off never placing bets on a message board. Granted it is unlikely the government would get involved since there are bigger fish to fry, but I encourage the Mods to establish rules prohibiting actual gambling/betting between Users.

So instead of keeping all this continually open and regurgitated, just move along. If Users wish to block tsmith, that's their option and that is fair, but instead of continuing to harp on tsmith about it, consider the potential problems that could arise. Message boards are not a place to make actual bets.

What I actually don't get is that people think an internet message board that is open to public viewing (not that it matters to the government of course) is an appropriate place to wager money. IF tsmith paid up, was elrod willing to pay taxes on it (or vice versa had tsmith won the bet)? Since gambling via non-government regulated ways is illegal, were either able/willing to pay the fines or potential jail time if convicted?

Instead of recognizing these elements, the Mods never properly moderated the bet and shutdown the thread(s) regarding it. If the government wanted, they could use this as a point of issue and shut down the entire site as an illegal gambling site.

With this in mind, maybe everyone would be better off never placing bets on a message board. Granted it is unlikely the government would get involved since there are bigger fish to fry, but I encourage the Mods to establish rules prohibiting actual gambling/betting between Users.

So instead of keeping all this continually open and regurgitated, just move along. If Users wish to block tsmith, that's their option and that is fair, but instead of continuing to harp on tsmith about it, consider the potential problems that could arise. Message boards are not a place to make actual bets.

that's ridiculous. no government office anywhere is shutting down a website over a $1000 bet. or even 10 $1,000 bets.

not even on their radar.

They're already monitoring this forum, how else will they figure out who to put in the FEMA re-education camps?

Back