Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red WIngs 4 Maple Leaf 0 Final

biggunsbob

I know its early and it does not start until Friday October 9th. Sadly I will be at a HS football game anyway. It appears the Wings may be the only pro team we have in Detroit with a chance at a winning record this year unless the Lions get their shit together. That being said we have a new coach. We still have the damn injury bug hitting this team and you just never know..

That's all true. Coach, age, injuries, it's all going to add up. But I still like where the team is. Blashill is a rookie only to the NHL - he obviously knows how to coach, and even has good rapport with a lot of the players on the team. Injuries have taken a toll each of the past few years, but the team is really reaping the depth benefits of a great farm system. Yeah, Pavel is one of the greatest players today, Helm has been a very promising young center, and even Hank is probably going to miss a dozen games throughout the season. But, the team is about to reap the benefits of great drafting and development - Nyquist and Tatar may already be stars, while Mantha and Larkin may be even better.

This probably isn't a team that goes into the season expecting to challenge for the top record in the league. But this is still a really good team, and is going to be damn fun to watch.

I can't wait for the season to start. I am taking my son to the game on the 10th in Raleigh for his first game. He is excited since he started playing hockey in February. I am hoping the Wings can enter the playoffs healthy and make a run this year.

Looks Like Larkin heading to Detroit and not Grand Rapids..

I'm genuinely excited this year. Lots of new blood, new coach, should be fun.

So this Larkin kid they've been hyping on the Red Wings Facebook page is for real. Holy shit.

Larkin first rookie teenage to score a goal since Steve Yzerman in 1983.

19 freaking years old playing on the top line for the wings ..congrats to that kid and his family... Justin A. With a freaking hat trick....Two Michigan kids!!!!!

Last edited:
Back