Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Levy is playing now

dubbsco

"The Lions have named DeAndre Levy a game captain this week. Lions HC Jim Caldwell, asked if this means he'll play this week: "I assume you can make that assumption.""

Come on Jim, just say yes. Don't need to speak in secret lingo.

They could ask Caldwell if the sky is blue and he'd give you some obscure coach answer.

They could ask Caldwell if the sky is blue and he'd give you some obscure coach answer.

"we are playing a dome this week....the color of the sky isn't relevant to our task at hand which is defeating AZ"

The sky is actually transparent, but the sun's light at various angles of deflection result in a shorter wavelength of the light resulting in a blue appearance at certain times of the day. at others, like at dusk and dawn, the sun's rays get longer and appear to be red. then, in the evening when the sun is not creating this false appearance of color, we see the sky as black, but the starlight twinkles in accordance with how that light is bent by the atmosphere as things like water vapor and dust bounce the starlight around and sometimes shorten, and other times lengthen the wavelengths and thereby giving twinkles of color.

similarly, as the offense is going "forrrrwwarddd down the fielldddd", the players are trying to bounce around the defense, which sometimes shortens and other times lengthens the path the player takes. this has resulted in the appearance that some players are blue and others are red. we need to make sure the entire offense is on the same page, they all need to be blue -Lions blue! Completely in sync with each other in order to make plays work. We have seen this happen at times, but then something happens and players get all distorted in their color again and things break down. We have to work harder on offense at not allowing their defense to change the color we want to be.

Next question.

***Corrected per dubbsco's request***

Last edited:
Hahaha, such a great response. Thank you for that.

Just one small correction, instead of saying "as the offense is going down the field," how about "forrrrwwarddd down the fielldddd."

Last edited:
Hahaha, such a great response. Thank you for that.

Just one small correction, instead of saying "as the offense is going down the field," how about "forrrrwwarddd down the fielldddd."

Fixed it for ya. ;)

And if they do decide to clean out the organization, take that song and throw it in the dumpster. Give me a new logo, hell, how about new colors?? You know what, change the name.

Good. This will help tremendously against shorter routes and Levy can blitz too.

Good job by Bynes in run D though and solid coverage.

I'm thinking the only chance we have.. Take Carson out. He's the key to that team.

Calvin and Tate have to beat Peterson and Mathieu. And slow Campbell enough.

Last edited:
Calvin and Tate have to beat Peterson and Mathieu. And slow Campbell enough.

CJ should be able to beat PP but not sure if Stafford will be able to hit him. Tate is likely going to struggle with Mathieu.

Stafford can hit him. i'd like to see some more Wright down the seam too

LOL that was hilarious, I've never seen you post before so to come out and make that, fantastic.

Back