Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cracker Barrel to the rescue

Michlady

Cracker barrel: Harbaugh's decision to take the Wolverines to a Cracker Barrel after landing in Maryland last Friday was a spur-of-the-moment call. But he wanted today to share his appreciation of the comfort-food restaurant.

"Our plans changed," he said. "We were going to travel later in the day, going to travel at 2:30, but with the weather bearing down on the East Coast, we thought it wise to move it up to 10 a.m. So we did and we hadn't arranged a meal in Maryland yet. So a quick Google search, and there was a Cracker Barrel right there outside of the BWI. As usual, the Cracker Barrel staff was amazing, and we had a great meal, and they treated us just like normal customers."

Harbaugh has always embraced his love of the restaurant, posting photos of himself at various locations in the country.

"I love it, I love the country store, my kids love it," he said. "I can always go in there and get something they like. This time, I got a little viewfinder, the old-fashioned viewfinder. That was a great breakfast."

The players embraced the quirkiness of the venue, beyond just the store.

"It was really good," he said. "Our guys were playing checkers and the little game with the triangle where you try to get it down to one golf tee. They had fun doing that. It was good. I got great pancakes and bacon. The best."

A viewfinder viewmaster.....sonofabitch! I miss those things. I had a projector viewfinder back in day that would show the stories on the wall. I had red riding hood and Frankenstein, I believe.

I go to my local Cracker Barrel all the time and I ain't never seen no stinkin' viewfinder!

Luv me sum cracker barrel. Often get their apple butter, especially this time of year. On long trips, it is a regular stop for me, breakfast, lunch or dinner...though I usually get the breakfast regardless of time of day. Good coffee too, and sweet tea often hits the spot.

checkers? I thought MSU & OSU players would play checkers and UM players would be playing chess!

Cracker barrels have checkers boards set up, not chess boards. Probably cuz they are a southern style place and chess is too sophisticated to theme with southern style.

Back