Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sons first day of college yesterday

biggunsbob

Went a tad poorly.. He is unhurt though which is the best news!!!

Now it is GRCC downtown Grand Rapids. He leaves early so he can park and find everything.
Gets five minutes out and a Girl a tad older them him rear ends him going 30 to 50 on 131 and total's Both cars :( (Both are unhurt Thankfully)

He was so sad and I just couldn't say anything but we are so lucky he was not hurt..
It was his first car.

Great story. He wanted a Caddie and we almost pulled the trigger on one.. But i was driving on Division saw one and stopped and asked But instead the guy had a very clean 1993 Lexus loaded hardly any rust.. Took it to my Mechanic he gave me the go ahead son used money from graduation and savings. Man he loved that car.... Buys it gets a few things up to date. Has been babying it for the last two months... Sadly it is now probably a parts car... We have one long shot attempt to fix tomorrow..

Car still had the old analog phone in the middle consul and a old CD ex-changer working in the trunk. sunroof ect,ect.

Last edited:
also glad he's unhurt. sounds like that car will be tough to replace. (but obviously not as tough to replace as your son).

Thanks for the kind words.. We drove the car home.. Police report said she was rubbing her eyes before she slammed into my son's car.. " You betcha" Sarcasm..

Anyway report is filed for The mini-tort insurance claim as alas the car did no have full coverage. We drove it home from the shop i deal with and my son is trying everything we can think of to fix it and making Youtube posts about it.. I have been going up and down division asking guys advice at body shops.. Most say move on and sell it for parts.. But i did run into a guy with something called a power push (wrong name) and he said it would push the smashed spot out to a manageable spot so maybe we can fabricate a wood bumper and something.. Nothing looks to bent underneath except the right Exhaust and muffler. Car looks straight when it goes down the road.. Amazingly all the back lights still worked all smashed up..we do not smell gas so no puncture there.. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Its a minor setback and hes safe which is the most important thing. In the current state of tuiton id fully suggest bulking up on CC credits, getting 3.5 -4.0s and transferring It isnt the same "college experience" but its the smart way to go in todays current state of college tuition madness. I was out of state and payed double but MSU is 2.5-3 times the tuiton of the out of state cost it was in 1994. Good luck to your son

Back