Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cleary brought back again.

I'm not even remotely surprised, In fact I knew it would happen since Holland is a complete buffoon of a GM and has been for years now.

272.gif

tumblr_mnp74rtuj61rgjwupo1_250.gif

Last edited:
It's probably for the minimum, and he's only going to be injury insurance on the lower lines. This is hardly anything to get upset about. Fact is, there's nothing left on the market and a guy who knows the system is easy to slot in for 10-15 minutes. He'll be a healthy scratch most of the year, and he'll help coach up some of the young guys as he transitions into an assistant or front office role.

It's probably for the minimum, and he's only going to be injury insurance on the lower lines. This is hardly anything to get upset about. Fact is, there's nothing left on the market and a guy who knows the system is easy to slot in for 10-15 minutes. He'll be a healthy scratch most of the year, and he'll help coach up some of the young guys as he transitions into an assistant or front office role.

Well let's just keep signing him to one-years until he's 60 if this is his role on the team, because he already looks like a 60-year-old out there on shifts. And if he's getting 15 minutes of ice when he's dressed, that's hardly 4th-line TOI. That's Ovechkin-Kane-Parise time.

And if I'm one of the young guys stuck in GR because Cleary is on the roster, I have to wonder how good I actually am or if I am with the right organization.

Well let's just keep signing him to one-years until he's 60 if this is his role on the team, because he already looks like a 60-year-old out there on shifts. And if he's getting 15 minutes of ice when he's dressed, that's hardly 4th-line TOI. That's Ovechkin-Kane-Parise time.

And if I'm one of the young guys stuck in GR because Cleary is on the roster, I have to wonder how good I actually am or if I am with the right organization.

Actually, 15 minutes per game would have been 6th from last just on the Red Wings last year. That's 3rd line at best (superstars are around 20 mpg). And that ignores the low end of 10 minutes which is right in line with our 4th line. There's really nothing to get worked up over. If the team needs to open a spot for one of the Griffins, it would be nothing to put Cleary on waivers.

It's not like the Wings had money to get anyone else here, their acquisition phase ended pretty early in the summer. There's no reason to get worked up over a guy that should only play in the event of injury.

Actually, 15 minutes per game would have been 6th from last just on the Red Wings last year. That's 3rd line at best (superstars are around 20 mpg). And that ignores the low end of 10 minutes which is right in line with our 4th line. There's really nothing to get worked up over. If the team needs to open a spot for one of the Griffins, it would be nothing to put Cleary on waivers.

If Cleary gets 15 minutes, he's on the ice nearly as much as Nyquist and more than Turco.

It's not like the Wings had money to get anyone else here, their acquisition phase ended pretty early in the summer. There's no reason to get worked up over a guy that should only play in the event of injury.

There is (reason to get worked up) when it's obvious he can not keep pace with the play anymore.

Back