Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 137 Thread - Sept. 4

you

This trade brought to you by the letter "D". As in Dave. As in Dombrowski. As in Dumbfounded.

I guess you can trade a #3 starter for a utility infielder and two LOOGYs.

It isn't just "Tiger fans"...it is pretty much anyone who has written about this story.

Krol = LOOGY and/or 7th inning type pitcher. Probably not much different than Phil Coke

Ray = Projects to maybe be a #5 starter if he stays as a starter (averages 4 walks a game), otherwise he is also destined to be a LOOGY

Now this deal would have still stunk if we sent Porcello instead, just not as bad.

I am one of the ones that because he was under team control longer, Fister had more value than Scherzer. And I expected more for a #2 starter under team control for 2 full years.

I also don't believe in trading for relief pitchers and utility infielders. They are a dime a dozen on the scrap heap.

Would rather have kept any two of Scherzer, Fister, Ray, Porcello, and Price, over Sanchez and Zimmerman....although having JV, Scherzer and Price together for several seasons would have been the most unlikely, b/c cost.

So did you also find the posts where I mentioned that Ray need to develop his secondary and tertiary pitches for him to remain a starter? Or do we just want to ignore those?

Yes, let's be selective when you are wanting to jab another poster. But hey, you probably weren't trolling and I am just too sensitive as some like to point out.

Additionally, if you thought Robbie Ray would have developed into the pitcher he is right now you are nuts. This team is terrible at developing talent, especially young pitchers. Norris and Boyd would probably excel in another organization and then people will point out that I was wrong about them as well.

Back