Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 126 Tigers vs. Yankees August 24, 2017

dale675

Tigers
Ian Kinsler 2B
Mikie Mahtook RF
Justin Upton LF
Miguel Cabrera DH
Nicholas Castellanos 3B
James McCann C
John Hicks 1B
JaCoby Jones CF
Jose Iglesias SS

Pitching
Michael Fulmer W-L: 10-11 ERA: 3.60

Yankees vs Fulmer
http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/34842/michael-fulmer

Yankees
Brett Gardner LF
Aaron Hicks CF
Gary Sanchez DH
Aaron Judge RF
Didi Gregorius SS
Chase Headley 1B
Todd Frazier 3B
Ronald Torreyes 2B
Austin Romine C

Pitching
Jaime Garcia W-L: 5-8 ERA: 4.52

Tigers vs Garcia, only Tiger to see him has been Upton, 2 for 8, double, HR
http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/29185/jaime-garcia

Game day
https://www.mlb.com/gameday/yankees-vs-tigers/2017/08/24/492003

Last edited:
come on Brad...you have to start Romine in CF when his brother is catching!

They're going to lose now because of it. Miggy and the whole lineup will be demoralized. Fulmer isn't going to be able to concentrate. 12-0 Tiger win with that boosted morale if he starts Romine. Unbelievable. Worst manager of all time.

What does Ausmus do well? Serious question.

What does Ausmus do well? Serious question.

I may be the only Ausmus "defender" on this board but you have never heard me say he is a good manager. My "defense" of him is that he is not the reason the team sucks. The reason the team sucks is because the players have sucked this year. He has been dealt a terrible hand this season. Their best player has been terrible (playing below replacement level), the starting pitching is dead last in the league & they have the worst bull pen in MLB. He basically has 3 players on the entire roster that are playing at a high level. 2 starting pitchers and Upton.

I may be the only Ausmus "defender" on this board but you have never heard me say he is a good manager. My "defense" of him is that he is not the reason the team sucks. The reason the team sucks is because the players have sucked this year. He has been dealt a terrible hand this season. Their best player has been terrible (playing below replacement level), the starting pitching is dead last in the league & they have the worst bull pen in MLB. He basically has 3 players on the entire roster that are playing at a high level. 2 starting pitchers and Upton.

If holding players accountable and thinking a manager is not worth/guilty of more than 10 wins/losses per year, I guess I'm an "Ausmus defender" too.

I'll agree with that, this team is beyond any manager fixing IMO. But good managers, even when they have teams that are under performing, still so some stuff well. I have a hard time coming up with anything he does well.

We could talk all day about the reason the Tiger's suck this year. I just feel Ausmus is part of the problem and from what I can tell, he has no idea what to do. Yes obviously the players must perform, that is a given. But when you have SO many players under performing, is it really the players? In some cases, yes it is. Players have up and down years. But sometimes it takes the manager and his staff to help a player figure out what he is doing wrong. Where he can get some extra work in, etc etc. Brad just does not come off as very competent. But I only see what I see. He has to set his guys up to succeed. He doesn't seem to have much of an influence on anybody. But again, this is what I gather, I am not there. Trust me I'm not saying they are over .500 if they have a different manager, but I do think they are in a lot better shape if they had a true captain guiding the ship.

If holding players accountable and thinking a manager is not worth/guilty of more than 10 wins/losses per year, I guess I'm an "Ausmus defender" too.

+-10 wins is substantial. But the going number is more like 2 to 3. However, Ausmus is like Captain Parmenter in F-Troop, and he's made some substantial goofs in his tenure that are glaring and repeated. He cannot manage a pitching staff, good or bad. He has no concept of lineups, given that in aggregate, they are not that influential in a season's won-loss tally, he apparently has zero ability to inspire greatness in his players. In-game strategy is non-existent. He's Walter Alston minus the consistent stream of good players.

He's not the only reason.. That would be silly. But he is one of the reasons. Like the offense isn't one of the biggest reason they're playing bad.. But they're one of the reasons, even if it's minor in comparison.

About time to see Kahnle get thrown out; the Yankee announcers don't seem to understand the history there.

Yankees announcers conveniently forget Kahnle hitting Mahtook in the head with a 98 mph fast ball.

Miguel ejected
Austin Romine ejected

smack talk or what???

+-10 wins is substantial. But the going number is more like 2 to 3. However, Ausmus is like Captain Parmenter in F-Troop, and he's made some substantial goofs in his tenure that are glaring and repeated. He cannot manage a pitching staff, good or bad. He has no concept of lineups, given that in aggregate, they are not that influential in a season's won-loss tally, he apparently has zero ability to inspire greatness in his players. In-game strategy is non-existent. He's Walter Alston minus the consistent stream of good players.

I want him gone, don't get me wrong. But it's a long season and when every loss is pinned on Ausmus and every win is because of our 'elite' talent...it gets old. I'm ready for a fresh start on every end. (Pardon the hyperbole)

Last edited:
Is anyone here twitter friendly? Remind the Yankee announcers that not only did Kahnle hit Mahtook in the head last series, the Yankees hit 3 Tigers in that game, and they also hit our catcher in the arm last night.

Is anyone here twitter friendly? Remind the Yankee announcers that not only did Kahnle hit Mahtook in the head last series, the Yankees hit 3 Tigers in that game, and they also hit our catcher in the arm last night.

Get Ron on it !!!! He is the twitter master !!!!!

Since I live in New Jersey, I see them all the time. The Yankees are definitely extremely self entitled; I have seen way too many one sided incidents like this with them. That said, I do wish Cabrera would mature. He still acts like an unruly teenager, and the Tigers are not in a position to benefit from any of this.

Missed it;

Tweet to @Yankees,
Yankees Suck, dirty POS, throwing and hitting Tigers this whole series.
F Bombs to all of you.

@TheJudge44 Your POS pitchers drilled Tigers players every game, FU, Romine, Sanchez, + bettances.
Yours will come, You will get drilled too

As I type this that fucking cocksucker delin battances hit McCann in the helmet.

@ElGarySanchez
FU sanchez you POS. We see that shit eating grin after that asshole bettances drilled McCann.
We hope the same happens to you.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/250375468/benches-clear-in-yankees-tigers-finale/
Webvideo Miggy, Romine ejected after benches clear.
Tigers official site

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/08/after_gary_sanchez_is_hit_by_p.html#incart_river_index
Tigers, Yankees in bench-clearing brawl; Miguel Cabrera, 3 others ejected.
Mlive

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...-york-yankees-fight-miguel-caberea/598937001/
Detroit Tigers' Miguel Cabrera throws punch, sparks brawl with New York Yankees.
Freep

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...kees-brawl-cabrera-among-ejections/104921120/
Tigers, Yankees brawl; Cabrera among ejections.
Detnews

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/8...rera-tigers-brawl-yankees-austin-romine-video
Miguel Cabrera, Tigers brawl Austin Romine and the Yankees.
Austin Romine said something, and Miggy punched him.
BYBTB

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...k-yankees-catcher-austin-romine-touches-brawl
Yanks, Tigers brawl after fight between Miguel Cabrera, Austin Romine.
espn

Last edited:
Yankee announcers still doing the homer routine. In their eyes, Fullmer's pitch looked intentional, and everything afterwards was justified. I would love someone to remind them that they have hit Tigers in the head in both of the series this season now.

Back