Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 126 Tigers vs. Yankees August 24, 2017

My, My, the Yankees postgame show......Jack Curry tries to paint the Cabrera/Romine interaction as totally one-sided, calling Romine an "innocent", from the viewpoint of an "unbiased observer". He is about as unbiased as the panel members in the political arguments on the news networks.....

From the video that I saw he's kinda right. Unless there was a video that showed Romine making some sort of contact with Miggy before that, I put that on Miggy.

Missed it;

Tweet to @Yankees,
Yankees Suck, dirty POS, throwing and hitting Tigers this whole series.
F Bombs to all of you.

@TheJudge44 Your POS pitchers drilled Tigers players every game, FU, Romine, Sanchez, + bettances.
Yours will come, You will get drilled too

As I type this that fucking cocksucker delin battances hit McCann in the helmet.

@ElGarySanchez
FU sanchez you POS. We see that shit eating grin after that asshole bettances drilled McCann.
We hope the same happens to you.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/250375468/benches-clear-in-yankees-tigers-finale/
Webvideo Miggy, Romine ejected after benches clear.
Tigers official site

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/08/after_gary_sanchez_is_hit_by_p.html#incart_river_index
Tigers, Yankees in bench-clearing brawl; Miguel Cabrera, 3 others ejected.
Mlive

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...-york-yankees-fight-miguel-caberea/598937001/
Detroit Tigers' Miguel Cabrera throws punch, sparks brawl with New York Yankees.
Freep

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...kees-brawl-cabrera-among-ejections/104921120/
Tigers, Yankees brawl; Cabrera among ejections.
Detnews

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/8...rera-tigers-brawl-yankees-austin-romine-video
Miguel Cabrera, Tigers brawl Austin Romine and the Yankees.
Austin Romine said something, and Miggy punched him.
BYBTB

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...k-yankees-catcher-austin-romine-touches-brawl
Yanks, Tigers brawl after fight between Miguel Cabrera, Austin Romine.
espn

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/08...tor-martinez-appear-to-argue-in-dugout-video/
Justin Verlander And Victor Martinez Appear To Argue In Dugout.
CBSDetroit

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/08...es-6-ejections-in-tigers-yankees-game-videos/
Benches Clear Three Times, 8 Ejections In Tigers-Yankees Game.
CBSDetroit

He also tries to frame Fullmer's hitting Sanchez as saying that there is a history there, conveniently forgetting that Kahnle was part of that history, and was the one that hit Mahtook in the head (Severino had already hit Mahtook at that point), as well as hitting other Tigers earlier in the season with the White Sox. He also neglected to mention that the Yankees also hit Victor Martinez in that game.

From the video that I saw he's kinda right. Unless there was a video that showed Romine making some sort of contact with Miggy before that, I put that on Miggy.

There was a lot of interaction before that between Cabrera and Romine, immediately after the pitch. Cabrera was being very cool at that point, and probably saying "he deserved it" to Romine, remembering the pitch to the head of Mahtook that Kahnle threw at the end of July (which Cabrera had reacted to quite noticeably when it happened). Remember, Kahnle was on the White Sox before he was traded to the Yankees, and I remember at least one hit batter earlier in the season when he was with the White Sox. And Romine was right in Cabrera's face during the time right after the pitch.

Last edited:
Wow, just saw the full video again of the Miggy brawl. That pos Sanchez better be suspended for that sucker punch he threw on Miggy when he was being held down on the ground.

You telling me there's not something that sets you off to push a guy? Unless we find out what was said we won't know. If someone called my late brother retarded I'd kick his ass..

There was a lot of interaction before that between Cabrera and Romine, immediately after the pitch. Cabrera was being very cool at that point, and probably saying "he deserved it" to Romine, remembering the pitch to the head of Mahtook that Kahnle threw at the end of July (which Cabrera had reacted to quite noticeably when it happened). Remember, Kahnle was on the White Sox before he was traded to the Yankees, and I remember at least one hit batter earlier in the season when he was with the White Sox. And Romine was right in Cabrera's face during the time right after the pitch.

I understand being upset. I just don't agree that throwing punches at the catcher like that.

You telling me there's not something that sets you off to push a guy? Unless we find out what was said we won't know. If someone called my late brother retarded I'd kick his ass..

Miggy just said Romine was "acting tough". Yeah, that's enough to throw down.

with everything going through miggy's head this year, it's probably best to just not fuck with him

I understand being upset. I just don't agree that throwing punches at the catcher like that.

I can agree for the most part, but Romine was jawing away at Cabrera for quite a while before that; I am sure he said something offensive. It is the Yankee way, after all.... Immediately after Cabrera was thrown at, he heard the umpire throw Kahnle out, and he shook his head in affirmation; I would guess that Romine didn't agree. In regard to Jack Curry, he is always an extremely one-sided commentator, and he still is utterly sure that Fullmer's hbp was totally intentional, and Betances was absolutely innocent. Now we have Girardi on being utterly one sided in his interpretation of everything. Girardi has extreme tunnel vision about everything Yankee related. Complaining about balls and strikes late in the game now....

Last edited:
Miggy just said Romine was "acting tough". Yeah, that's enough to throw down.

In sports terms that's almost the same thing. Romine was a dick.. Sometimes you need to stand up to the dickheads of the world.

Detroit -- You could see this one coming a mile away.
Not a Tigers win, mind you, but rather the rising tensions between the Tigers and Yankees -- who brawled once and emptied the benches twice more as eight coaches and players were ejected on a wild and cuss-filled Thursday afternoon of beanball at Comerica Park.

The Tigers won, 10-6, for just their second victory since Aug. 12. The end result, though, will be just a footnote when this ballgame is discussed and dissected years from now.

Not a Tigers win, mind you, but rather the rising tensions between the Tigers and Yankees -- who brawled once and emptied the benches twice more as eight coaches and players were ejected on a wild and cuss-filled Thursday afternoon of beanball at Comerica Park.

The Tigers won, 10-6, for just their second victory since Aug. 12. The end result, though, will be just a footnote when this ballgame is discussed and dissected years from now.

In all, eight were ejected after beanings, fights flew at Comerica Park.
Miguel Cabrera was among four ejected in the sixth inning. Alex Wilson and Brad Ausmus were also later ejected.

Yankees pitcher Tommy Kahnle was the first player tossed after throwing behind Cabrera. Yankees manager Joe Girardi was ejected for arguing Kahnle’s ejection. Yankees catcher Austin Romine, the brother of Tigers infielder/outfielder Andrew Romine, was tossed after getting into an argument with Cabrera.
Sanchez appeared to get in some punches in during the Cabrrera/Romine blowup, but somehow managed to stay in the game.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/video/mccann-takes-hbp-to-helmet/c-1766177083?tid=8877502
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers win over the f'n asshole yankees.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/yankees...003#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=492003
Boxscore.

ROARS:
Justin Upton - a home run, a walk, and a double, he was certainly making everything work.

JaCoby Jones - where others struggled to take advantage with the bases loaded, Jones gave the Tigers a much needed lead in the fifth.

Iggy 3 hits, including a key 3-run double in the 7th.

HISSES:
Comerica Park...

Miguel Cabrera, who just can’t seem to hit anything, especially with guys on base. Cabrera was visibly upset with himself after striking out in the bottom of the fifth, showing that the frustration is very clearly present for the future Hall of Famer. Then the fight meant he didn’t get a chance to redeem himself.

The fights. The intentional hits. There was a lot of ugly to go around.

Last edited:
On a personal note. This was something the Tigers needed. A good 'ole fashion throw down..

Joe calls out brad for saying FU to one of his players, maybe we can get joe and brad to go at it..joe would probebly kick his ass

Last edited:

In all, eight were ejected after beanings, fights flew at Comerica Park.
Miguel Cabrera was among four ejected in the sixth inning. Alex Wilson and Brad Ausmus were also later ejected.

Yankees pitcher Tommy Kahnle was the first player tossed after throwing behind Cabrera. Yankees manager Joe Girardi was ejected for arguing Kahnle?s ejection. Yankees catcher Austin Romine, the brother of Tigers infielder/outfielder Andrew Romine, was tossed after getting into an argument with Cabrera.
Sanchez appeared to get in some punches in during the Cabrrera/Romine blowup, but somehow managed to stay in the game.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/video/mccann-takes-hbp-to-helmet/c-1766177083?tid=8877502
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers win over the f'n asshole yankees.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/yankees...003#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=492003
Boxscore.

ROARS:
Justin Upton - a home run, a walk, and a double, he was certainly making everything work.

JaCoby Jones - where others struggled to take advantage with the bases loaded, Jones gave the Tigers a much needed lead in the fifth.

HISSES:
Comerica Park...

Miguel Cabrera, who just can?t seem to hit anything, especially with guys on base. Cabrera was visibly upset with himself after striking out in the bottom of the fifth, showing that the frustration is very clearly present for the future Hall of Famer. Then the fight meant he didn?t get a chance to redeem himself.

The fights. The intentional hits. There was a lot of ugly to go around.

I would add Iggy to the roars.. 3 hits, 3-run double in the 7th.

Lettuces brother says miggy asked if he had a problem with him, said this isn't about you and that miggy was looking for a fight

Good! FU spankies

Joe said fulmer hit Sanchez on purpose..disagree I don't think fulmer hit him on purpose.

Last edited:
Back