Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 146 Tigers vs White Sox Thursday, Sept 14, 2917

For all the supposed "rival" nature of this "rivalry" it is curiously very insignificant to me. I get far more worked up about CLE and KC and even MINN.

I mean seriously, this team would very easily lose every single game it has left.

oh goody Migster cabs hitted a homes run and I get to update the Migster HOF thread tonight. I'll do that later after the game is over, That's number 462 ties him up with Dunn and Canesco

Last edited:
not to be outdone, clownanos hits one too, he's only 13 RBI's away from 100

Last edited:
oh goody Migster cabs hitted a homes run and I get to update the Migster HOF thread tonight. I'll do that later after the game is over, That's number 462 ties him up with Dunn and Canesco

Miggy's 5 total bases with the homerun and single give him 4,593 TB and move him past Cap Anson into 44th place all-time. still in game....
Next up is Billy Williams with 4599.

McCann has put together a pretty nice second 1/2. I remember reading an article that he changed his swing.

Pre all star 149 AB .201 BA / .282 OBP / .698 OPS
Post all star 155 AB .316 BA / .367 OBP / .815 OPS

McCann has put together a pretty nice second 1/2. I remember reading an article that he changed his swing.

Pre all star 149 AB .201 BA / .282 OBP / .698 OPS
Post all star 155 AB .316 BA / .367 OBP / .815 OPS

Home = .276 BAVG .352 OBP .469 SLG .820 OPS

Away = .245 BAVG .309 OBP .390 SLG .699 OPS

vs L = .316 BAVG .387 OBP .600 SLG .987 OPS

vs R = .234 BAVG .303 OBP .349 SLG .652 OPS

Pretty much inline with his career averages. Has his run been at Home and against LHP in the 2nd half?

Holy Shit 16 - 4??!!

FU Ilitch and Avila!!

This team's pitchers reminds me of the shit they put out there in 2003.

Miggy was pulled early again today on account of yet another lopsided blowout so I did not wait until the end of the crap fest to update the miggy HOF thread. bahahahahahaha

This team is incredibly bad. I honestly believe they are going to lose every game they have left.

The first game of the final homestand of the 2017 season offered little hope that a grim September would get any better.

The Chicago White Sox had 25 hits -- including 21 singles -- to beat the Tigers 17-7 Thursday afternoon at Comerica Park.

Tigers pitchers were battered, beginning with starter Chad Bell and carrying on through most of the seven relievers Tigers manager Brad Ausmus ordered into the game.

It was the third-most hits allowed by the Tigers in franchise history and the most since a memorably ugly game against the Royals in 2004.
The 21 singles were the second-most allowed in team history, behind only a 23-3 loss at Fenway Park in 1953.
The Tigers haven't allowed that many hits in a game since a 26-5 loss to the Kansas City Royals in the first game of a doubleheader on Sept. 9, 2014.
The Tigers were outhit 26-10 in that game.

The Tigers used eight pitchers and the game stretched more than 3 1/2 hours.

The Tigers extended their losing streak to six games and are 2-12 this month. They have allowed 16 runs or more three times this season.

The Tigers have lost six in a row and dropped 12 of 14 games since trading Justin Verlander and Justin Upton on Aug. 31. They've been outscored 103-47 during that span. Fuck you Ilitch and Avila!!

NOTABLE
Tigers third baseman Jeimer Candelario had one home run earlier this year with the Chicago Cubs; he launched his second of the year and first as a Tiger in the sixth inning.
Candelario's arrival pushed Nicholas Castellanos to right field, where he has flourished offensively.

Castellanos extended his hitting streak to 11 games on Thursday, tying a career high. He last played third base on Sept. 1. Since then, he's 18-for-44 (.409) with five doubles, three homers and 11 runs batted in.

Miguel Cabrera hit his 16th home run of the year and 462nd of his career in the third inning. He's now tied with Adam Dunn and Jose Canseco for 35th place on the all-time home run list. Next up is Dave Winfield at 465.
Cabrera has homered against White Sox starter four times in his career.
That's fourth behind Phil Hughes (7), Corey Kluber (6) and Bruce Chen (5).

The Tigers got a home run from Jeimer Candelario, his first since joining the team by way of July?s trade, when he drove a James Shields slider into the right-field seats in the sixth. He later added a double.

Ian Kinsler, of course, wasn?t taking off the afternoon after the score got a bit funky as he drove a pitch deep into the bleachers in left in the ninth. It was home run No. 18 on the season for Kinsler.

Cabrera and Castellanos also had two-hit days. Cabera?s home run was his 16th of the year, while Castellanos smacked his 22nd.

The Tigers came back from a 2-0 deficit to tie the game on back-to-back home runs by Miguel Cabrera and Nick Castellanos in the third inning.
But the White Sox scored four runs in the fourth inning, four more in the sixth, three times in the seventh, twice in the eighth and once in the ninth.

Lefty Chad Bell allowed six runs on nine hits over 3 1/3 innings for the Tigers. He walked one struck out four. Righty Warwick Saupold allowed three runs on four hits over 1 2/3 innings of relief.
Joe Jimenez allowed three runs on three hits and a walk in one-third of an inning for the Tigers. He also had one strikeout. He has allowed six runs over his last 4 1/3 innings.
Victor Alcantara became the sixth Tiger to pitch in the game. He made short work of loading the bases. He gave up another three runs. 16-4 White Sox.
Shane Greene came on in the ninth for what was obviously not a save situation. But Greene hasn?t appeared in a game in almost a week so it seemed like a low-stress opportunity to get him some work. Greene, following the trend of the game, loaded the bases. Why not? Greene hit a batter with the bases loaded and was pulled, bringing in Blaine Hardy, the eighth Tigers? pitcher for the game. Hardy escaped the top of the ninth unscathed.

MOMENT THAT MATTERED
Cabrera, Castellanos go back-to-back: Cabrera hadn't homered at Comerica Park since July 28, but he has a history of homers off Shields. A Shields cutter low and in was enough for Cabrera to extend his arms and pull it on a line over the left-field fence for a third-inning solo shot.
Five pitches later, Castellanos turned on a curveball and sent it out to left, tying the game at 2.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/white-s...286#game_state=final,game_tab=box,game=492286
Boxscore.

ROARS:
The Tigers? broadcast team for trying to get audiences hyped about the prospects with a fancy graphic showing how many there are.

Jeimer Candelario, who had a mighty fine day and made that prospect graphic look better as a result.

HISSES:
The yellow line in the outfield. An inch lower and it would have been a home run.

Tigers? pitching. 17 runs on 25 hits. Woof.

The Tigers have had 28 games where starter has gone fewer than 4.0 IP, 4th-most in MLB. A dozen of them since the trade deadline, six in September.

Thought that this game vs the sux was going to start @ 7:05, but no big deal, and poosays got destroyed anyway...by a team that is and has been awful. This 4 game series is perfectly setup for the sux to sweep and dump the pussays into the ALCD cellar to stay.

Bet that most AAA teams could win a series against them. If they are a preview of the roster who will be listed by OD '18...uhh...yikes!!

Thought that this game vs the sux was going to start @ 7:05, but no big deal, and poosays got destroyed anyway...by a team that is and has been awful. This 4 game series is perfectly setup for the sux to sweep and dump the pussays into the ALCD cellar to stay.

Bet that most AAA teams could win a series against them. If they are a preview of the roster who will be listed by OD '18...uhh...yikes!!

Should just beg for mercy by MLB HQ, and ask if they could forfeit the rest of the season.

Treat us like an expansion.. Let us chose from other teams and give us the no. 1 pick each round.

I saw 17-7 on line this AM...I though....the Bears played the Lions last night???

Pretty much inline with his career averages. Has his run been at Home and against LHP in the 2nd half?

Hopefully next year assuming Hicks continues to hit they do it right..

vs L =.323 BAVY .377 OBP .500 SLG .877 OPS

Away = .325 BAVG .356 OBP .518 SLV .874 OPS

I don't know...I only use ESPN to sort stats and I don't think you can sort it that way (post all star vs. LH / RH etc) only the entire year.

Back