Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jaws

biglou

I'm watching the seahawks and chargers game and i don't know if it's just me but every single thing gruden says Ron wants to prove him wrong on. Think Ron is just mad cause chuckie never was a QB but knows alot more about the position then him.

I thought this was about Jaws from James Bond. Im a little bummed.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I thought this was about Jaws from James Bond. Im a little bummed.

Lmao sorry Mitch

biglou said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I thought this was about Jaws from James Bond. Im a little bummed.

Lmao sorry Mitch

I was expecting it to be more aquatic themed. Imagine how disappointed I was, especially with shark week being over

Jaws is a complete tool..I hate:
his speech pattern he talks with, like hes doing a report for ESPN
His arrogance in the booth
Him picking an arguement with anyone he works with on air
and just him as a commentator period.

Grudens biggest problem is telling us how many guys are "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" and picking out a guy on a play who sealed a block and acting like he just won the superbowl with the play.

Beez said:
Grudens biggest problem is telling us how many guys are "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" and picking out a guy on a play who sealed a block and acting like he just won the superbowl with the play.

Dude is a football coach though. He looks for things like that. That sort of thing is what leads to big plays

axemillen said:
Beez said:

Dude is a football coach though. He looks for things like that. That sort of thing is what leads to big plays

but he's NOT a football coach, he's hired to be a broadcaster and entertain fans. The reason the commentator was born was to make games more interesting to watch and deliver insight...I could be wrong but Idont think anyone wants to see replays of a guard using proper footwork on a 2 yard run up the middle.

THIS ladanian tomlinson...he's a FOOTBALL PLAYER
I TELL YA, THIS Tom Brady IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER

FYI I like Gruden, just like every announcer there are things that just bug the shit out of me after they say them 100 times.

Beez said:
axemillen said:

but he's NOT a football coach, he's hired to be a broadcaster and entertain fans. The reason the commentator was born was to make games more interesting to watch and deliver insight...I could be wrong but Idont think anyone wants to see replays of a guard using proper footwork on a 2 yard run up the middle.

If it's a good play I'd rather watch and hear about that than some stream of consciousness bullshit that other commentators spew. Obviously he goes overboard with some of his stuff, but pointing out when things are done correctly is a good thing. I'd definitely rather have a coach in there than someone who's just a smooth talker.

Grudens a tool...he belongs on the field not in the booth , same with Cowher another guy who needs to get back in the game.

DR said:
Beez said:

And I agree with that..just not on a play where nothing was accomplished. Like I said, I like him, he just over analyzes a lot on TV. I enjoy watching his film break down sessions when ESPN televises them.
If it's a good play I'd rather watch and hear about that than some stream of consciousness bullshit that other commentators spew. Obviously he goes overboard with some of his stuff, but pointing out when things are done correctly is a good thing. I'd definitely rather have a coach in there than someone who's just a smooth talker.

Nah, even in the scenario above where it's just a 2 yard run, if somebody makes a great reach block I'd like to see it. Again, better than someone blathering on about what they think of the city they're in, or seeing a quick promo for dancing with the stars.

I'm good..just give me a random stat from the game or something. I dont care that Kosier sealed his guy on the opposite side of the line and had a nice 1st step as we got our 5-6 inches over on the other side.

Beez said:
axemillen said:

THIS ladanian tomlinson...he's a FOOTBALL PLAYER
I TELL YA, THIS Tom Brady IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER

Lmao never really paid attention to how many times he says that but since u mentioned it the thought is funny as hell.

Beez said:
I'm good..just give me a random stat from the game or something. I dont care that Kosier sealed his guy on the opposite side of the line and had a nice 1st step as we got our 5-6 inches over on the other side.

Oh, well 5-6 inches? We're in total agreement then. My cutoff for a replay worth play is 2.4 feet.

DR said:
Beez said:

Oh, well 5-6 inches? We're in total agreement then. My cutoff for a replay worth play is 2.4 feet.

I'll have to remember that.

Back