Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Holland signed for 4 more years..

One of the greatest runs of sustained success in any sport? Yeah, I'd say that's worth an extension. We can argue about how well he's done lately, but our standards are also pretty unreasonable. We get upset if the team isn't contending for the championship every year. There a lot of fans that would kill just for their team to be in the hunt for the playoff a few years in a row.

The Wings have young talent on the upswing. They have star caliber veterans. Maybe we won't be considered cup contenders next year, but it's not hard to envision a contending team developing from what we have.

One of the greatest runs of sustained success in any sport? Yeah, I'd say that's worth an extension. We can argue about how well he's done lately, but our standards are also pretty unreasonable. We get upset if the team isn't contending for the championship every year. There a lot of fans that would kill just for their team to be in the hunt for the playoff a few years in a row.

The Wings have young talent on the upswing. They have star caliber veterans. Maybe we won't be considered cup contenders next year, but it's not hard to envision a contending team developing from what we have.

I agree with you.... But I know there are a few on here who really dislike Kenny now... Some moves are suspect lately but I think with all the late draft picks KH has done a great job assembling some young talent ...

Sustained success therefore it was Ken Holland's doing?!?!?

The main thing from a player acquisition stand point he is in charge of he has failed miserably at for a large period of years. This team is good and continues to be good because they draft well and develop players well. That is largely down to their coaching at lower levels and their scouts, not Ken Holland. The things he is in charge of are noticeably terrible.

I am sure he is involved with scouting and evaluating players that they do draft... For all the mistakes of not bringing up younger talent sooner or keeping older players like Cleary and others I believe can be forgiving ...Just my opinion...

Terrible move by the Red Wings but completely expected. It shows you how out of touch with reality ownership is, they are content with mediocrity and no direction. Making the playoffs is the goal, not making bold decisions to get the team back into contention, but sticking with the status quo. This team is quickly becoming a joke and by the end of Holland's 4 years it will be in full effect, he's leading the Red Wings into no man's land and management/ownership is clueless about the new NHL.

Last edited:
Back