Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 133, Tigers @ Pantyhose. August 29, 2014

Been doing a pretty decent job of scoring runs the last 20 games. Pitching just hasn't been good.

Like the one in Tampa?, Seattle, New York before that, all or nothing, appears to be an all night tonight, that's good I like all nights

Well at least that game is official if they call it. With a sweep tomorrow we can take back first place and watch the young Royals choke the rest of the way down the stretch like our 06-10' years

Like the one in Tampa?, Seattle, New York before that, all or nothing, appears to be an all night tonight, that's good I like all nights
Our last 9 losses were by scores of:

6-5
11-6
4-2
7-2
8-1
1-0
20-6
12-4
8-4

We wasted great pitching once.

The offense has completely shit the bed 4 times in the last 20 games. I'll take those numbers and be happy as hell.

This so much easier to watch than the games we were subjected to last week.

Our last 9 losses were by scores of:

6-5
11-6
4-2
7-2
8-1
1-0
20-6
12-4
8-4

We wasted great pitching once.

The offense has completely shit the bed 4 times in the last 20 games. I'll take those numbers and be happy as hell.

Ok sounds good

Yeah, but you don't know how many runs we scored when the game was out of reach, like in Minn... Seems our offense needs a time thru the batting order to score anything... We rarely score anything in the first couple, especially big no matter who we are facing... I think this is due to Miggy not being Miggy... For the last five years or so, we go as Miggy goes... There were many times Miggy hit a bomb in the first, 1,2,3 runs in the first, he was huge... I certainly hope thru his injuries and this huge contract, we see that 2013 Miggy again...

Miggy only one without a hit tonight, this saddens me

Resumption in KC Cleveland still up 4-0 in the 7th, this does not sadden me

Last edited:
Yeah, but you don't know how many runs we scored when the game was out of reach, like in Minn... Seems our offense needs a time thru the batting order to score anything... We rarely score anything in the first couple, especially big no matter who we are facing... I think this is due to Miggy not being Miggy... For the last five years or so, we go as Miggy goes... There were many times Miggy hit a bomb in the first, 1,2,3 runs in the first, he was huge... I certainly hope thru his injuries and this huge contract, we see that 2013 Miggy again...

2:06 - 2:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTOKTX5mLlQ

Miggy goes 0-5 but everyone else steps up and the tigers win 7-1, verlander did a decent job after a rocky first inning, Cleveland still winning 4-0 going to the 9th in KC..hopefully it's back to just .5 here in another 10 mins or so bitches!

Last edited:
Damn!!

Well the dirty and filthy Royals are down 6-0 in their half of the ninth, but with a couple on and one out...

Too many excuses??? are you high? The guy played half of last year with a ripped/torn groin, had surgery and is probably playing with stretched ligaments and or tendon in his ankle.
Having had the ankle injury, you can't put pressure on it walking, let alone running or planting a foot to swing and hit a ball.

Not only that but I don't see Miggy making any excuses..

Miggy doesn't make any excuses...some fans make excuses for him though.

You know if he was healthy he would be at his past 4 year average of Slugging .610 along with all his number at those past 4/5 year averages.

and we do that because we are fans. Why kick him when he's down and playing hurt?

and if anyone says he shouldn't be playing, can you imagine those fans that would say he's taking the money and not playing. Bunch of Cunts.

and another thing... Cabrera is the reigning back to back MVP of the league, and 3 peat batting champ. in my opinion he desereves a pass this year, coming off the hernia/groin surgery and now playing with a fucked up ankle.

Last edited:
You know if he was healthy he would be at his past 4 year average of Slugging .610 along with all his number at those past 4/5 year averages.

and we do that because we are fans. Why kick him when he's down and playing hurt?

and if anyone says he shouldn't be playing, can you imagine those fans that would say he's taking the money and not playing. Bunch of Cunts.

probably would be putting up those numbers. Fans can do what they want...I was just pointing out that Miggy himself has not made any excuses. He goes out there every day and does his best. Unfortunately, his best is more like a slap hitting, high OBP lead off hitter with no speed over the past 2 months.

probably would be putting up those numbers. Fans can do what they want...I was just pointing out that Miggy himself has not made any excuses. He goes out there every day and does his best. Unfortunately, his best is more like a slap hitting, high OBP lead off hitter with no speed over the past 2 months.

This is similar to what hurt and cost the team last year in the playoffs from pretty much August on.
Healthy Miggy would no doubt in my mind taken it to the redsox that ALCS series.

Back