Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ted Lindsay talks about his life as a hockey player

Ted was the catalyst in organizing the players into the NHLPA along with Doug Harvey. It disbanded, but the cork was off the bottle. It reformed in 1967 in time for expansion.

Lindsay and Harvey were traded to Chicago and New York, and that blackguard Jack Adams fomented disinformation to discredit them. I do not care for Jack Adams.

Ted was the catalyst in organizing the players into the NHLPA along with Doug Harvey. It disbanded, but the cork was off the bottle. It reformed in 1967 in time for expansion.

Lindsay and Harvey were traded to Chicago and New York, and that blackguard Jack Adams fomented disinformation to discredit them. I do not care for Jack Adams.

The CBC produced a movie called "Net Worth" which chronicled Lindsay's and others efforts to form the players association. It is very good, although the actors, while Canadian, couldn't skate that great. The movie is about 15 years old or so, but I'm sure is available for download on Netflix or other sources. I recommend it and give it four pucks.

The CBC produced a movie called "Net Worth" which chronicled Lindsay's and others efforts to form the players association. It is very good, although the actors, while Canadian, couldn't skate that great. The movie is about 15 years old or so, but I'm sure is available for download on Netflix or other sources. I recommend it and give it four pucks.

I saw that ... the "Puck POV" was a little much.

Back