Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Dantonio's rule now is the commit has to inform the staff that they are taking a visit. Cupp did not inform the staff and he also lied about working out there when asked if he was going. Other commits attended, but were up front with the staff.

Cupp apparently performed very well, stoning a 5 star DE who is committed to OSU several times. He may eventually get an offer from OSU, he's extremely underrated and very talented. This may have been a case of Meyer misleading the kid though to get him away from MSU.

Dantonio has been through this before and gotten burned so he cut ties with the kid so he wouldn't be left scrambling to find an offensive lineman in December or January. Best of luck to Cupp, it's not like he committed the crime of the century, he simply is a life long OSU fan and really wants that offer. Can't fault the kid, he just should have been more up front with our coaches.

We don'y have a policy about taking visits like Hoke supposedly did (and selectively enforced). I don't blame the kid for wanting an OSU offer but he shouldn't have committed and told MD this was where he wanted to be if that wasn't the case.

If we did have a Hoke type policy, I could see Meyer offering MSU kids and getting them to visit just to try to get their scholarship pulled without offering them

We don'y have a policy about taking visits like Hoke supposedly did (and selectively enforced). I don't blame the kid for wanting an OSU offer but he shouldn't have committed and told MD this was where he wanted to be if that wasn't the case.

If we did have a Hoke type policy, I could see Meyer offering MSU kids and getting them to visit just to try to get their scholarship pulled without offering them

With how much the recruiting process has sped up, I don't think the no visit policy is practical today, these kids can't even take official visits yet. All our coaches can ask for is for these kids to keep them in the loop.

AJ Arcuri commits, 6-6 1/2 255lb OT. Great length and frame, will play tackle.

we just offered 2017 QB Ryan Kelly from Chandler Arizona, he played HS football with Hunter Rison before he moved to Michigan. I'm sure he will talk to Lewerke about playing at MSU, also, we have ASU on the schedule two years that he would be at MSU.

Dantonio just gave a shoutout to "all current and future players from Chicago" during his media day press conference. Any idea if he's referring to a recruit and if so, who is it?

Corley visiting for the 13th time tomorrow. I thought Hill would be with him but I see no record of it. Hill did visit Michigan today.

Corley visiting for the 13th time tomorrow. I thought Hill would be with him but I see no record of it. Hill did visit Michigan today.

I think Corley is visiting twice this week, once today and then again this weekend. Hill will be there for one of the visits.

Corley was a no show on his scheduled visit today. What seemed like a done deal a month ago wearing MSU apparel etc etc im a bit skeptical now....

Big recruiting weekend on tap with several top 2016 and 2017 prospects visiting. Donnie Corley will be on campus for the 14th time.

Ohio State insiders speculating again that George Hill will soon flip to MSU and that he wants to play DB for us. Been hearing rumors for a while, now they are kicking up again.

Big recruiting weekend on tap with several top 2016 and 2017 prospects visiting. Donnie Corley will be on campus for the 14th time.

Ohio State insiders speculating again that George Hill will soon flip to MSU and that he wants to play DB for us. Been hearing rumors for a while, now they are kicking up again.

He better show up or in convinced hill and corley are conspiring to attend michigan. If he pulls a no show ( like aug3)i guarantee he is not wearing green and white

Both Hill and Corley are attending this weekend.

for the love of %uck I hope youre right. I think Hill is going to Michigan. Corley is a gameshow at this point. Just commit or leave, we dont NEED either of them. 14 visits at 1 school alone and over 50 at all of them, shit or get off the fng pot Corley!!!!!!!!!:bs::ugh:

Actually , let them go to Ann Arbor and we will beat them, I dont care at this point or let Corley battle for a starting spot at OSU. Would be funny to see corley and karim go to Bama and sit the bench for saban...

Love to see them in green or ride the fucking bench at Bama or OSU. If anything dumbfuck DC and hill should go to Michigan, would love to beat them just as much as id like to have them.... why does it piss me off so much???> why do I feel like ANDY ROONEY (in the living years)

Last edited:
for the love of %uck I hope youre right. I think Hill is going to Michigan. Corley is a gameshow at this point. Just commit or leave, we dont NEED either of them. 14 visits at 1 school alone and over 50 at all of them, shit or get off the fng pot Corley!!!!!!!!!:bs::ugh:

Actually , let them go to Ann Arbor and we will beat them, I dont care at this point or let Corley battle for a starting spot at OSU. Would be funny to see corley and karim go to Bama and sit the bench for saban...

Love to see them in green or ride the fucking bench at Bama or OSU. If anything dumbfuck DC and hill should go to Michigan, would love to beat them just as much as id like to have them.... why does it piss me off so much???> why do I feel like ANDY ROONEY (in the living years)

Corley has tried to commit to MSU several times, but his dad keeps telling him he wants him to take more visits. If it was up to Donnie he'd already be committed.

Hill has point blank told people the only only school he'd consider flipping to from PSU is MSU and he's recently indicated he is probably staying with Pedd State.

Corley has tried to commit to MSU several times, but his dad keeps telling him he wants him to take more visits. If it was up to Donnie he'd already be committed.

Hill has point blank told people the only only school he'd consider flipping to from PSU is MSU and he's recently indicated he is probably staying with Pedd State.

Somehow I didnt know Corleys dad was pulling strings. Well, I heard something but didnt realize he was an interference. Thats unfortunate for he and MSU.

Last edited:
Back